Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

FSSR - A Flowstone/SynthMaker Schematics Repository

For general discussion related FlowStone

FSSR - A Flowstone/SynthMaker Schematics Repository

Postby Nowhk » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:04 pm

Hi all,

as recently discussed on the Official Facebook FlowStone page, I'm about to start a "project" which will collect all the stuff made by users in the years for Flowstone and SynthMaker.

The main problem I've noticed in this years is that retrieve stuff from this Application is very hard: many website, old sm stuff hidden and vanished from previous server, custom data private for every users, and many other troubles.

Why not make a "clever" DB with all the stuff ordered by category/user and such?
As discussed, for most this will be another useless resource, but I can give to it a chance and start collecting stuff. Than, if people are interessed (since 64-bit seems to be realized finally) and we collect many stuff, I can build a proper website with a smart interface (i.e. the idea is somethings like Reaktor User Library.

This tool won't improve the users make stuff with FlowStone. We all know its a non "out of the box" utility for making app. But a learning tool, that can help each others to improve our DSP knowledge.

If we got some content (I bet a sort of 500 schematics organized furtively), I/we can think to start a social campaing, newsletter, and make visibility of this project, building ad-hoc web system and share between us.
This morning I've started to move first steps:

1 - I've created a repository on GitHub, starting collecting stuff: https://github.com/Nowhk/FSSR - You can start pushing stuff there. On each category, just place a folder for the schematics you want to place, and inside place the schematics *.fsm (or .osms) with a README.md for a fancy description of it.
Example here: https://github.com/Nowhk/FSSR/tree/mast ... 20Tutorial

2 - I've created a Discord server, for a better discussion for ones who want to partecipate to this project (or talk about general stuff of FlowStone): https://discord.gg/4ku4Cx2

Now, we NEED your contribution! Please collect the stuff you know, organize it (schematic+basic info/author+picture if possible) and PUSH to the server. If you don't know about Git and such, no problem: just organize it on your local drive and send it to me: I'll do the work for you. If I see many of these problems, I could open a public FTP.

I can easily take/commit stuff from known surces (FlowStone GURU, Flowstoners, ecc), but many schematics are just here and there. Every one know somethings, so let collaborate ;) Put out the stuff you know also from this forum, your local HD, and old sm/stuff.

Let FlowStone deeply breath again!!! 8-)
Last edited by Nowhk on Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nowhk

Re: FSSR - A Flowstone/SynthMaker Schematics Repository

Postby FlowStoner » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:01 pm

:mrgreen: dream came true....
FlowStoner

Return to General