Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

AUTOMATIC AUDIO FADE-IN AND FADE-OUT.

For general discussion related FlowStone

AUTOMATIC AUDIO FADE-IN AND FADE-OUT.

Postby tiffy » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:37 pm

I am considering a schematic for the above which should at least incorporate the following:

1) The Rate of Audio Fade-in and Fade-out which should preferably be adjustable, and
2) The Fade-in and Fade-out should take into account the setting of the Volume Control of the Audio player, and
3) Where from the Beginning and End of a Song should the Fading initiate and what would be the proper source to do the initiation from?

I have some idea but with regard to item (3) above, I have no proper solution yet.

Anyone ever made a similar schematic?

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
tiffy

Re: AUTOMATIC AUDIO FADE-IN AND FADE-OUT.

Postby RJHollins » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:57 pm

I remember having to do an audio 'Ramp' for one of my projects a long while back. [so long ago, that I can't recall why I needed it]. It did involve the RAMP Prim if I recall.

The Ramp Prim might have some time limit restrictions, as you seem to be describing something more like an 'auto-fade' for mixing.

Just ideas ... fade 'Curves' would be a desired option. [beside Linear]. Exponential, S-Curve, Logarithmic, etc.

I'll watch this thread, and look to find my old project and see if it would be useful or not.
RJHollins

Postby tiffy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:20 am

RJHollins wrote:I remember having to do an audio 'Ramp' for one of my projects a long while back. [so long ago, that I can't recall why I needed it]. It did involve the RAMP Prim if I recall.

The Ramp Prim might have some time limit restrictions, as you seem to be describing something more like an 'auto-fade' for mixing.

Just ideas ... fade 'Curves' would be a desired option. [beside Linear]. Exponential, S-Curve, Logarithmic, etc.

I'll watch this thread, and look to find my old project and see if it would be useful or not.

Thank you for the reply, Mr. Hollins, I appreciate. My very late response is due to a long power failure in our area (electrical supply commissions electrical cables damaged as well as a large transformer that went astray) as well as long periods of Internet interruptions, slow internet speeds and, no internet speeds.

In the meantime, I have cooked up something on my laptop that works...however, I must still 'iron out' the 'hiccups' that exists (Triggers Timing is always the big headache). But if you find some example that maybe could help in my effort, it would do no harm.
tiffy

Postby tiffy » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:29 am

The schematic should Fade-in the Beginning & Fade-out the End of a Song.

I made some alterations to this version 2.0 thus version 1.0 is now obsolete.

SH*T!! I don't know what I was thinking!! There is a problem with the second Trigger in the system (Even in v2.0) since I accidentally subtracted the TIME from PERCENTAGE!! Sorry, I will have to rethink that one and try and implement it.

This schematic will work for the Fade-In Trigger in the sequence BUT the Fade-Out Trigger position is a big headache since it is not a fixed point but rather shifts as the MP3 file size in MiB is smaller or larger in size. Thus, one will have to develop a method to determine the MP3 file Length in situ accurately in Seconds and only then can the second Trigger position be accurately determined. I searched the Internet for such a Ruby method but no luck there so I will temporarily have to give up on this one.

1) Ensure the Bypass switch is OFF (i.e. LED is OFF).
2) Press the Start Button.
3) Then slowly move the Knob value Up which Simulates the Progressbar until the first trigger switches ON the Fade-In (Notice the output will increase from 0 - Vol. Setting = 0.36) and wait until it reaches its Max. value.
4) Then again move the progress bar further by means of its Simulating Knob (Value further Up) until the Second Trigger activates and Switches ON the Fade-Out (Notice that the Output will now decrease from the current Vol. Setting to 0).

5) Repeat the sequence to simulate the next song in the Queue.

Instructions also inside Schematic as well as short notes explaining certain sections.

NOTE; This is only a Beta2 version and is open to suggestion and alteration if necessary.

SOLVED: I FOUND A FAIRLY SIMPLE AND ACCURATE SOLUTION TO DETERMINE THE SECOND TRIGGER POINT CLOSE TO THE END OF THE SONG i.e. WHEN FADE-OUT SHOULD BEGIN.

Tiffy.
Attachments
Automatic Audio Fade-In and Fade-Out v2.0.fsm
New Version
(111.4 KiB) Downloaded 747 times
Automatic Audio Fade-In and Fade-Out v1.0.fsm
Obsolete
(84.64 KiB) Downloaded 754 times
tiffy

Return to General