Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Bitmap dropdown list ?

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Bitmap dropdown list ?

Postby lalalandsynth » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:11 am

Yes, I also got the GUI lag fixed ! Its so fast now that I had to pull down all the meter speed.
But I am still at a place where the cpu is way too high , not sure what to try next?
Definitely GUI related -both the analyser and Envelope meters and I replaced the envelope meters already.

Any basic troubleshooting/optimizing tips , can I localize where this is happening , measure triggers in a section , something ?I cannot seem to solve this particular problem , but lets see what today brings :)

As for the dropdown and I now have some faith that I might be able to do this myself:
The "invisible" trigger window for the dropdown, can I make it so that when I trigger it again it closes the dropdown?
As it stands I always have to select something to make it close again which is counterintuitive.

Also, I would like it to close if I leave the Dropdown window area because now I can open a window , it stays open and i can open another one etc etc , and they all stay open.

Thanks for the help guys!
lalalandsynth

Postby Spogg » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:57 am

I just couldn’t resist trying to make a bitmap based selector system. :lol:

See if the one attached is helpful.
I think it does what you want and I’ve included comments in the schematic.

Take a look and see what you think…

I've also updated the listbox selector. The preset parameter is now in the range 0-1 for VST compliance and the trigger burst limiter removed.

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
listbox selector dev 5 .fsm
Now VST compliant
(27.48 KiB) Downloaded 816 times
Bitmap selector dev 9 .fsm
(120.5 KiB) Downloaded 847 times
Spogg

Postby lalalandsynth » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:57 pm

Sweet ! Let me have a look at this :)

Closing properly on move away and clicking the top, beautiful !

As for the listbox, would you know how to make it close by clicking the top like it does on the bitmap selector, seeing that I have implemented that one.

Having said that I am all over that bitmap selector , might just use that instead.
Excellent !

Thanks!
lalalandsynth

Postby lalalandsynth » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:11 pm

Slight issue, I can size the top box smaller then the other ones , know why that is ?
This makes it so that I cant stack them close together if they are in these dimensions.

Also , it might need a Sizeable background Png for framing in the Selection png´s

Size.gif
Size.gif (274.22 KiB) Viewed 9664 times

Sorted the background issue, stacking issue not clear to me, too spaced apart.
Nice.gif
Nice.gif (64.02 KiB) Viewed 9663 times
Last edited by lalalandsynth on Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.
lalalandsynth

Postby lalalandsynth » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:15 pm

I will also be using this to scale png´s :)
lalalandsynth

Postby lalalandsynth » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:20 pm

I am pretty proud of this ! :) Getting better every day.

Proud.gif
Proud.gif (385.93 KiB) Viewed 9638 times

Two problems ,Lets say I select Alt single for one dot , and then steps for another , when I select it another time the list should reflect what was selected previously for that dot . Now I have the info in the dot but cant seem to update the list with that info when a dot is selected. So basically it shows what was last selected rather then me being able to input specifically what I want it to show which is what has been selected previously , hope i am being clear :P

i can make it show it but there is a triggering issue as it just blinks in and disappears but show the corrct index.

Also, would like to be able to designate an area around the dot where if I move the mouse out of that area the list closes, in case i decide to change nothing, Also do the same on a right click ...this list as it is, assumes you always select something.

Working on it but tips appreciated as this will be an ongoing problem with this list.
lalalandsynth

Previous

Return to General