Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Ruby midi control change

For general discussion related FlowStone

Ruby midi control change

Postby kortezzzz » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:09 am

Hi,
I don't know if this topic already discussed, but I find it problematic to use the green control change primitive since it's trigger output doesn't blocked even if a specific cc value is determined in the input. It just get triggered whenever midi signal passed through. Maybe Ruby can help here. What is needed is a very simple Ruby code that demonstrates the green cc primitive, but the point should be that the trigger output sends nil only if the determined cc value matches the coming cc value. Can it be done?
kortezzzz

Re: Ruby midi control change

Postby RJHollins » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:27 am

Not sure I totally follow ... but I use a 'CHANGE' primitive tied to the GETAT prim [handles the Array of specific CC values I need to use].
RJHollins

Postby kortezzzz » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:31 am

Is it works for you correctly, RJHollins?

Just saw that the problem disappears as long as you don't attach the incoming cc value to the input straight from selector's output. Anyway ruby reference code will be nice as well.
kortezzzz

Postby tulamide » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:49 am

On which channel do you compare?

Also, it can just as easily be done with the Midi Splitter. Status is 176, and data1 holds the cc number, data2 the value.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby kortezzzz » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:06 pm

On which channel do you compare?

Sorry, didn't understand the question. And yes, tula, it can be done with midi splitter :) That's a good idea.
kortezzzz

Postby keyjslider1 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:32 pm

kortezzzz wrote: but the point should be that the trigger output sends nil only if the determined cc value matches the coming cc value. Can it be done?

Hi, Kortezzz!
Attached is probably what you might be looking after. The schematics is green completely and uses CC Prim as you initially meant. It also reacts to changes in MIDI channel and CC#, even though the CC value didn't change, because, logically the same CC value, but happening at the different MIDI channel or the one which corresponds to different CC command #, must be considered as a new value (the scheme, of cause, works only when match condition meets). Hopefully this helps a bit.
MIDI CC handler.fsm
(1.8 KiB) Downloaded 845 times

P.S. And my great respect to your MIDI-Arranger project, keep it up, this is what, as I guess, a lot of musicians around the world are looking for - I got familiar to it on youtube channel one of those days, when I had nothing had to do with Flowstone yet. The lack of such the software was the reason I came to Flowstone, I am working on a bit similar stuff, but with a little different focus... it was an honor for me to meet you here in the forum)))
keyjslider1

Postby kortezzzz » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:53 am

keyjslider1 wrote:Hi, Kortezzz!
Attached is probably what you might be looking after

Hi keyjslider1,
Thanks for the nice schematic and the compliments. I finally done with something very similar to your examlpe :D

Moreover, I'm happy to read that loved my arranger and must credit this wonderful forum that helped me all the way to the target. This is a great place to start a new idea, aspecialy if you lack an advanced coding skill but still have some interesting ideas to share with world. Let's just hope that FS platform will reach it's pick in terms of potential and I'll be satisfied. Unlike most of this forum members, I'm here mostly because of MIDI and it's applications :) synthesis is much less important to me, so if you have some interesting stuff you want to share or discuss about, don't hesitate ;)
kortezzzz

Postby keyjslider1 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:58 pm

kortezzzz wrote: I'm here mostly because of MIDI and it's applications :) synthesis is much less important to me

So do I :D All the good synths have already been released and there is nothing new to invent here and no sense to waste time in gaining in-depth DSP knowledge. It's much more easy simply buying, e.g., Viper).
In contrary MIDI - is a domain where still a considerable gap and free market segments exist: the market is full of synthesis and audio-proccessing oriented software and still lacks for applications, aimed at composers and live performers. Personally I am working on software aimed at pro-musicians familiar with music theory, unlike the most MIDI-proccessing apps. In my case it comes to live harmony structure transformation, performance-oriented phraze-looping, style extraction. Now I realize I am at the very beginning - for the moment I am finished with quasi-MIDI recording and playback engines (totally green :)), MIDI-cutting and live quantization algorithms and still have got a lot more to do - MIDI mixer and template editor, algorithmic MIDI-transformation etc....
Have you finished your arranger?
keyjslider1

Postby ChrisHooker » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:29 am

keyjslider1 wrote:All the good synths have already been released and there is nothing new to invent here and no sense to waste time in gaining in-depth DSP knowledge. It's much more easy simply buying, e.g., Viper).

Lol - Buuut... Viper was made with Flowstone. If Adam Szabo had adopted the same philosophy you're stating, you wouldn't have Viper to purchase.
Maybe through gaining some additional DSP knowledge, you could spark your imagination to create something different, and those with less capabilities will be buying the new keyjslider1 synth!
ChrisHooker

Postby RJHollins » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:22 am

lol .... well, I've too much respect for the Guys doing DSP stuff.

I too am not much into Synth stuff.

The closest I would be is Audio Analysis, measurement, manipulation.

Other than that, I tend to more 'application' type stuff. That's what I've been mostly trying to use
FlowStone for.

example: MIDI type Controllers of other Plugins. 2. I did put together a 'Project Session Timer' that measures the actual TIME a project is being played in the DAW, over the course of the entire project.

Just fun stuff like that, because, I already own some of what I could find, are the best Equalizers, Compressors, etc. It would be a waste of time for me to try to learn, and write something 'better'.

For me, Flowstone allows the possibility to put together a 'nitch' item that I would like to use. Plus ... it provides a workplace to experiment with ideas and curiosities. Sometimes I even get useful tools out of that. It's also kinda fun.

8-)
RJHollins

Next

Return to General