Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

In Need Of Assistance adding hysteresis to gate

For general discussion related FlowStone

In Need Of Assistance adding hysteresis to gate

Postby guyman » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:53 pm

Found this gate in the greatest hits a while back. It is a great gate, but I noticed when listening to the gated (or inverse gated signal) that it has blips, especially when the gate closes. Adjusting the controls can help, but the sound is quite noticeable, especially on material with varying dynamics. I believe some sort of smoothing, or hysteresis would solve this problem. Perhaps separate open/close thresholds, or cross-fading? I set the range of the gate to -120db so that it completely closes out sound that hasn't triggered it.

Anyone with experience with hysteresis or this gate in particular care to team up and see what we can come up with?
Attachments
Gate Needs Help.fsm
(91.49 KiB) Downloaded 727 times
guyman

Re: In Need Of Assistance adding hysteresis to gate

Postby martinvicanek » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:25 pm

I can offer my compressor with a noise gate. Well, not exactly a gate but an expander for the low dB range. The idea is to make silent parts even more silent and let everything above a certain threshold pass unattenuated. I found this more natural soundng than a gate.
Attachments
Compressor_with_noisegate.fsm
fixed
(31.29 KiB) Downloaded 745 times
Last edited by martinvicanek on Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
martinvicanek

Postby guyman » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:41 pm

Thank you for responding Martin, but I couldn't get this thing to work whatsoever. No Audio would pass through it, and after tinkering around and getting it to pass thru, the signal was unaffected...
guyman

Postby martinvicanek » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:40 am

Sorry, my bad. One connection was missing. Fixed in the original post.
martinvicanek

Return to General