Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

I need help // generic color mixer preset manager

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: I need help // generic color mixer preset manager

Postby Spogg » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:42 pm

Very impressive! :ugeek:

Did you upload this version before? The Guru site is dead and I can't see the owner using whois, or other similar sites.

Anyway, I couldn’t help but mess around with this a bit more. So I’ve added outputs for all the colour palette slots. It occurred to me that, for this version anyway, it might be easier to use one rather than several instances. It retains the palette outputs when reloaded and updates the outputs when a palette slot is changed. You get purest black output if a slot is deleted.

Also I was puzzled why the labels were made invisible, so I undid that.

Note that this still doesn’t store the palette in the preset. I think that’s beyond me at the moment. You could of course now use a selector to choose between palettes, and that could be the method of preset-based palette switching.

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
Generic-Color-Mixer r4-2 preset + palette output .fsm
(75.39 KiB) Downloaded 826 times
Spogg

Postby tulamide » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:45 am

Whenever I talk about the ACM, I'm under the impression that nobody really understands the effects it has on your GUI work. ACM is fully interactive, for example. You can manage all of your colors from the top layer, while looking at the final top view of your plugin. Say, you selected color 3 from a group for your sweep arc. Now, when looking at the complete GUI, you realise that the colour (@Spogg, see what I did here? :D ) doesn't quite fit. You select the 3rd color from the group in the mixer(!) and change it, to immediatly see the change in you GUI. No need to define a new color, change the receiver, or to re-connect your color input, or anything. Theming your GUI is a breeze with a system like that.

But maybe people aren't that interested in a well-colored GUI. I don't know.

p.s. I didn't mess with the label at all, so I'm not sure what you, Spogg, are refering to. I hope it's not a Flowstone inconsistency, as I can see the label in the schematic I shared?

EDIT: Here's loads of information about that project (I think page 4 or 5 presents the first ACM incarnation)
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3525&start=0
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby Spogg » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:49 pm

@tulamide

If you open the version in this link, all the “eye” symbols for the labels are crossed out:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14539#p47584

----------------------------------------

I do recall seeing this ACM when I was just starting out with FlowStone, and I had no idea what it was about or how it could be used. I think that your vision for its application, in a real project or demo example, might have attracted more attention at the time.

What I really like is that you can choose a base colour like for example, now let me think… orange, then create various shades from it with the same basic hue(if that’s the correct term). Very neat!

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby tulamide » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:31 pm

Spogg wrote:@tulamide

If you open the version in this link, all the “eye” symbols for the labels are crossed out:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14539#p47584
That's what I mean! There's only one label module, isn't there? And its eye symbol isn't crossed. Strange.

Regarding GURU: I don't think it's dead. Just the download's main page is somehow corrupted. If you follow the link in the very first post of this thread, you will access the download page of the color mixer directly.
tulamide

Postby Spogg » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:31 am

Then I think that what I'm calling the label modules must be misleading, sorry.
Here's what I'm seeing:

Invisible labels.png
Invisible labels.png (47.94 KiB) Viewed 12222 times

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby tulamide » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:03 am

Maybe I'm just getting too old :mrgreen:

Now I understand what you mean, and yes, they were meant to be seen (I haven't touched them and they are active on the original I uploaded on GURU, so I don't know what caused it), so thank you for the good deed :lol:
tulamide

Postby Spogg » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:01 pm

tulamide wrote:Maybe I'm just getting too old :mrgreen:

Jeez, if you are getting too old, what does that make me? A relic maybe :lol:

The really puzzling thing is that I had to make them all viewable individually. Does this mean you took the same action 8 times, then forgot?

You might want to look at this site:

https://www.alz.org/de/demenz-alzheimer-deutschland.asp
:lol:

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby tulamide » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:21 pm

Spogg wrote:
tulamide wrote:Maybe I'm just getting too old :mrgreen:

Jeez, if you are getting too old, what does that make me? A relic maybe :lol:

The really puzzling thing is that I had to make them all viewable individually. Does this mean you took the same action 8 times, then forgot?

You might want to look at this site:

https://www.alz.org/de/demenz-alzheimer-deutschland.asp

Cheers

Spogg

Don't scare me! :lol:
I already have so many symptoms, like just now, when I wrote "Sont" instead of "Don't". Or when I lost my cigarettes and just couldn't find them. After hours, I opened the fridge - and there they were!
There's literally a black hole, where memory should be. I see nothing than me opening the schematic, working on the code, adding input and output and saving the schematic. Nothing more. OMG!
tulamide

Postby Spogg » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:20 pm

But never rule out poltergeists!

Spogg

Previous

Return to General