Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

I support 64Bit development

For general discussion related FlowStone

I support 64Bit development

Postby Drnkhobo » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:09 am

Right, with the ass-long thread :http://www.dsprobotics.com/support/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1746 going into the 250+ post range, its time to sort it out. . .

If you want a 64bit version of FS (perhaps even a 64bit vst version) then reply to this thread . . . NOT with your comments / ideas / complaints / misery or any other negative feedback. Just a simple "Yes, I will support a paid venture into getting a copy of FS 64bit" or something like that. Dont reply if you are not serious and will not provide some capital to getting this going! :!:

The point being that when we get enough "pledges of support" then Malc can look into this more seriously (see that there is enough in it for him) and start a kickstarter campaign in which we can pay to get this going. :)

Its no use talking amongst ourselves and it just being left alone with some constructive, some nonconstructive thoughts.

So please lets show that we do want and will pay for 64bit support. Lets be honest, its not a simple task and I dont think it should be expected as an FS update.

Malc, were coming for you. We want this development, we need this development. Take this thread as proof. . . (guys please dont embarrass me here) ;)

[Moderator Note: Yes - 64 bit is coming, along with VST3 and a host of other goodies. :D However, this is currently only at the alpha-testing stage, with no expected release date or licencing policy yet announced. Please do not post here requesting access as an Alpha tester - this is by invitation only, and is not in the hands of forum moderators]
Last edited by trogluddite on Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Moderator announcement added re: FS4.
Drnkhobo

Re: I support 64Bit development

Postby CoreStylerz » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:08 am

As i always said for me there's no problem to add founding to this kind of upgrades.
So i am in.

To be more precise, im happy to found these services. But i expect real feedback from Devs.
Need my support for app development, website or custom scripts?
PM me if you are interested.
Experienced Java, J2EE, PHP, Javascript, Angular, Cloud Solutions developer.
CoreStylerz

Postby Drnkhobo » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:00 am

Thanks CoreStylerz :)

I WILL be speaking to Malc and let him know we expect a response to this, even if its a "Thanks guys but ,no" although I dont expect that. Paying for this upgrade is the only way to go.

:D
Drnkhobo

Postby CoreStylerz » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:08 am

We should also ask to introduce a kind OF SDK for creating full primitives. This will solve alot the missig things "problems".
Creating mp3 stream players, disk streams of files, new mem modules etc etc can only be done that way.
CoreStylerz

Postby Drnkhobo » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:10 pm

I'm not sure if Malc wants to release an sdk to make our own primitives. . . I'm not one to speculate, But it will be brought to his attention :)

I really hope this gets support!
Drnkhobo

Postby CoreStylerz » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:45 pm

Drnkhobo wrote:I'm not sure if Malc wants to release an sdk to make our own primitives. . . I'm not one to speculate, But it will be brought to his attention :)

I really hope this gets support!

Lol. What different prospective of view.
I was sure that if people extends a software for free it was a good thing for their businnes... Isn't it?
CoreStylerz

Postby seanlclarke » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:36 pm

I have stopped using flowstone as I have no confidence in its future development, I hope I'm wrong (I check back periodically) but for now I am learning visual c.

There hasn't been any flowstone activity for a long time, not even a blog update for 5 months. I think the developer had abandoned us :|
seanlclarke

Postby iman » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:39 am

Yes, I will support a paid venture into getting a copy of FS 64bit".

This post is a great idea but if it is not hijacked with off topic requests, Mac OS support ... . I think asking for SDK here will lead us to nowhere. Better to focus on 64bit and only replaying with "YES" or a short related comment.
iman

Postby Drnkhobo » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:49 am

Thanks iman! ;)

I think asking for SDK here will lead us to nowhere. Better to focus on 64bit and only replaying with "YES" or a short related comment.
Totally agree here. . . . like in my original post
reply to this thread . . . NOT with your comments / ideas / complaints / misery or any other negative feedback. Just a simple "Yes, I will support a paid venture into getting a copy of FS 64bit" or something like that.
:)
Drnkhobo

Postby kortezzzz » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:22 pm

o be more precise, im happy to found these services. But i expect real feedback from Devs.

+1

Yes, i will support, without hesitation, the more so, i have 3 interesting vsti's in my product arsenal which get great
feedbacks from my (not so many) consumers, which their main complain is the lack of 64bit support. I believe they not really need it, as they work with a "built-in bridge" DAWs anyway, but it already has been proven that 64bit support is mainly a (huge!) psychological aspect in the client's final conclusion when considering a product (i'm talking about synths, not sample based instruments). It is more about prestige than performance... :roll:
As many of you, I believe that 64bit support will make the difference between "theoretically? that is a very nice idea..." and "Wow, i must have it!". No mac support is not cool (and its looks bad on the product's KVR spec' list, which has it's own impact too), but... i believe 64bit is a great start and worth the investment. And I would really like to get a feedback from Malc him self about this kickstart. it's important for me to know that the only one who can make it happen is really co-operating and we are not just "grinding Water" here.
kortezzzz

Next

Return to General