Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Dumb Question

For general discussion related FlowStone

Dumb Question

Postby Nickateenbeats » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:09 pm

Hey everybody...i have a question that probably has a simple answer.

I have yet another rompler that im working on which is going great so far. I want to make something similar to Nexus in terms of layering sounds and being able to disable layers. Everything is going great except one issue...

When i click on a wav file and start adjusting the ADSR and effects...nothing resets on change so all the wav files have the same effects and ADSR settings.

Any solution? I would really appreciate it.
Nickateenbeats

Re: Dumb Question

Postby tulamide » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:06 am

I'm afraid you won't get much help without an actual schematic. So far your question is just theoretical.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby Spogg » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:52 am

I agree with tulamide.

It sounds like you want to set everything to a default value when you select a new wav file. So you need to send a “reset” trigger to all the relevant controls, which in turn must be able to respond accordingly.
But with no schematic it’s hard to say.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby Nickateenbeats » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:14 pm

Hey guys! Thanks for the replies...the schematic is just a few presets and an adsr at the moment...nothing really exciting yet. I will also upload the finished version of the schematic to maybe inspire others.
Attachments
Polyphonic ROMPLER Schematic 2.fsm
(7.22 MiB) Downloaded 704 times
Nickateenbeats

Postby adamszabo » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:29 pm

I dont know what the problem is, everything works as it should. I change the ADSR and the wav plays correctly
adamszabo

Postby Nickateenbeats » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:28 pm

The issue is not the WAV files itself...nothing resets when changing through wav files.

When adding effects and adjusting the adsr of a certain wav file....those same settings are set for all of the wav files.
Nickateenbeats

Postby kortezzzz » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:00 pm

If I understand correctly, what you are asking for is a preset manager that would save changed control values for every sample. So if it's that, here it is. You can now save unique controls values on every preset.
kortezzzz

Postby Nickateenbeats » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:30 pm

Not sure if that worked..Sorry if im not that great at the program, it's currently something i mess with from time to time at the moment so my knowledge isn't that great.

Is it possible to have the control values change when scrolling through the wav loader instead of the preset manager. So when i click on a new wav file the values will reset to default.
Nickateenbeats

Postby Spogg » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:09 pm

Oh I get it now! You want a kind of preset manager that links to a choice of wav file, yes?
So that would mean only one preset would be available for each wav file in a list? It’s an interesting if somewhat strange requirement!
I don’t know if the Preset Manager prim could be configured in this way, so maybe experiment with it.

It might be possible to create some Ruby code that interfaced between the Wav selector and the Preset Manager somehow.

An alternative approach could be to make presets and name them with the wav file name, so that each preset automatically loaded the correct wav file. You would then instead use the Manager to select the Wav file and its desired settings.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby Nickateenbeats » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:18 pm

Exactly spogg! So basically each preset will be linked to a wav file which will allow each wav file to have its own control values.

I seen a schematic on here called "LEGAL VST" which i think was pretty close to this idea. It had a preset manger that acted as categories for each set of wav files. Not sure if the control values reset for each category but i will check.

You're alternative approach sounds pretty good i will give that a try as well. Hopefully it works and i can continue this project.

Thanks again for the reply i really appreciate it!
Nickateenbeats

Return to General