Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

MSEG Idea

For general discussion related FlowStone

MSEG Idea

Postby Duckett » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:06 pm

EDIT: Just came across Trog's post in the Splines thread in DSP, so... anyway, I'll leave this up for the sake of a bemused chuckle..

Just an off-the-cuff idea that popped up, not even sure how hard/easy it would be, but:

Have the ability to either toggle an entire EG, or individual stages of the EG, between the usual value-setting, and wrapping to the nearest sync value. Would a frame- or array-based approach succeed?

I'd been thinking about an old collaboration of mine with Saltline, the additive ADHDidi- and while all those MSEGs to play with made for a powerful sound-design tool, accomplishing rhythmically interesting patches that synced well with the rest of a project was a chore, TBH. (I'm one of those who either needs to do it by ear, or have a value converter handy and numerically input the values.. I can't just do it in my head.)

While I love the flexibility that comes with a GUI-equipped MSEG, choosing curves, etc., the size needed for precision values that don't take a week and much squinting doesn't make for much room.. a smaller but sync-toggle-equipped MSEG lets more get done faster, IMHO.

Again, this is all just thinking out loud, so no holding my tootsies over the fire too long, please ;)
We have to train ourselves so that we can improvise on anything... a bird, a sock, a fuming beaker! This, too, can be music. Anything can be music. -Biff Debris
Duckett

Return to General