Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

General Functionality Questions

For general discussion related FlowStone

General Functionality Questions

Postby JWP » Sat May 30, 2020 10:27 am

15 year SynthEdit amateur, deciding to check out FlowStone after hitting a big brick wall in SynthEdit.

I'm starting to learn the FlowStone environment and hopefully can get some general functionality questions answered before I dive in the deep end.

There are many but I will only address the ones that are on my mind at the moment.

1. Paged Panels
From most of the FlowStone VSTs that I've seen, I don't recall anyone ever using "paged panels".
For example, having all the base controls on one screen then a button/selector to show a completely different layout, alternate section, and/or "about" screen.

2.Zoom
With all the compatibility issues surrounding SD, HD, and UHD screen resolutions, is there a global zoom that works like the EXE zoom function.
I'm a fan of the way Sampleson has integrated it:
[url]Sampleson.com[/url]
It appears that they are using HISE, for CollabB3 at least:
https://sampleson.com/collab3-free-tonewheel-organ.html
This saves a major headache wrestling with Windows scaling functions.

I understand it might be possible to rescale controls using ruby but what about the XY coordinates.

Are there any Flowstone Synths that have utilized the "Host can resize editor window".

There are other functionality questions that I'm kinda boggled about, like effect polyphony processing and how Flowstone handels MIDI trigger/gate, pitch ect. on an effect.
This questions seem good for now.
JWP

Re: General Functionality Questions

Postby pshannon » Sat May 30, 2020 3:48 pm

Check these threads out for some really good multi panel type support. These guys did an awesome job on the actual synth itself too. To see some other really good synth recreations with awesome eye candy check out K. Brown's many synths.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=39041&p=117015&hilit=Quilcom+SIM#p117015

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=40698&p=119723&hilit=Quilcom+SIM#p119723

Zooming will be a tough one and I will let others give detail on that. I have seen some designs actually create the gui in small and larger.

I hope that helps some. Good luck.
pshannon

Postby lalalandsynth » Sat May 30, 2020 3:55 pm

1. Switching panels is easy, use a multiplex with a wireless link into each module.
switch.jpg
switch.jpg (63.58 KiB) Viewed 16284 times

Then place a wireless into each module that you want to switch, taking care to name them either sequentially or use unique names for each one.
Switch 2.jpg
Switch 2.jpg (59.35 KiB) Viewed 16284 times
lalalandsynth

Postby lalalandsynth » Sat May 30, 2020 4:00 pm

As for GUI scaling , I collaborated with Sampleson on the B3 and yes its made with HISE .
What I did was I made the gui in the maximum allowed size , (Retina) and then HISE allows for the resizing.

In FS you can do the same , either using this configuration BUT this might only be possible in the 64 bit Alpha , which I recommend anyways. Or , upcoming in the alpha for VST3 is just dragging a corner of the gui to resize.

64 Bit alpha.
Resize.gif
Resize.gif (946.93 KiB) Viewed 16282 times

I would upload examples but I am using the alpha , let me know if you are using the alpha and I will upload.
lalalandsynth

Postby JWP » Sat May 30, 2020 6:05 pm

Thanks for the great replys. :D

@pshannon:
I'm a fan of K Brown's work, but seeing the varity makes me never want to do a vintage recreation, seems like he did them all! Too bad there are no presets.

@lalalandsynth
Thanks for the insight. I am using the alpha, I don't have a license, that is why I posed my other question.

To be honest, I know little to nothing about the platform, growing up, I opted for SynthEdit becuase I found Synthmaker intimidating and I was already used to the workflow of SynthEdit.
It took me like 4 hours before I realized I needed a "Combiner" to get the stream to the speakers! :lol:

It appears the main question (post) and reason I joined the forum has not been cleared by the mods yet. Nix sent me a file to ponder, so I'll be learning what I can from that to keep progression.

Baby steps ;)
JWP

Postby pshannon » Sat May 30, 2020 6:51 pm

@lalalandsynth - that scaling was pretty slick, thanks for showing that capability.
pshannon

Postby JWP » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:45 pm

lalalandsynth wrote:I would upload examples but I am using the alpha , let me know if you are using the alpha and I will upload.

My posts are delayed as they have to be moderated.

It would be greatly appreciated if you will upload any examples that may help along development. I am using the alpha.
JWP

Postby lalalandsynth » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:18 pm

Sure, will do
lalalandsynth

Postby lalalandsynth » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:40 pm

Here is a resize thingy.

Resize.fsm
(70.56 KiB) Downloaded 1036 times
lalalandsynth