Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

save wav recorder

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: save wav recorder

Postby gvalletto » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:51 pm

Spogg wrote:The only DAW I know that can’t deal with an effect with midi input is FL Studio. Reaper can handle it with no problems. Adam once told me it was actually possible, but not how, and I don’t use FL myself.

I am using Reaper, I have to continue researching on how to connect the midi input of my vST as effect.

Spogg wrote:I’m glad you’ll find my recorder of some use. Its usage was intended to capture a sound or short performance clip from a synth. To record longer performances you could consider what I do for my videos. I take the audio out from my USB audio interface (running ASIO) and put it into the motherboard’s line in and record from that. Then you can use Audacity for example to record as long as you want. I find that the motherboard sound is perfectly acceptable, but I’m no audiophile!

I`m glad too, thank you! Despite my need for long time recording, your recorder may be useful to download audio loops while playing a synth. That`s another old idea to incorporate on my project. Regards to your way to record, It is useful for a fixed equipment at studio or home. I used that way time ago.
I want to make live performances with FS synths. That implies transport my set, and therefore, ensembling - disasembling often. And it is a risk when I has a lot of software and hardware interconnections and settings that may change unexpectly in each new assembling. That`s my reason to minimize my software dependance, to make the remaining software is more easy to maintain in gear. At this view point, I started to see as a possibility to record from another PC or notebook.
gvalletto

Postby gvalletto » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:17 pm

k brown wrote:Have you tried VSTHost? - I think it will run a plug in as both effect and synth. Every synth I've done with external audio inputs, and exported as an instrument, the ext ins will accept audio from another plugin.

Ups, just now I see my post were not sent... I go again: I used Savihost and VSTHost time ago. Actually I want to avoid hosts due the explained in the another posts. Ah! Another reason for use Stand Alone FS synths: I use a lot Full Screen view.
In addition, I lost a big work made in VSTHost. Perhaps it were any mistake from mine, but I no lost similar works in another hosts or DAWs in that way... anyway, I am seeing that as a new attempt to play live and record, due that I still can´t recording more than 6 minutes within FS... I will post about it.
gvalletto

Postby gvalletto » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:24 pm

Spogg wrote:This is the one I made and use.

I hope you can adapt this to your needs.

Hi Spogg. I tried your recorder. The 6 minutes limit stays. It creates a file with large times but audio is recorded until 6 minutes only, and the rest is filled with silence, like the original recorder of FS. I will still researching... thanks anyway!
gvalletto

Previous

Return to General