Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

A graphic tool for easy creation/control of runtime graphics

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: A graphic tool for easy creation/control of runtime grap

Postby DaveyBoy » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:48 pm

Virtual DJ has a 'Skin Creator' tool. You may get some ideas/inspiration from this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGuuim9Fyes :D
DaveyBoy

Postby trogluddite » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:01 pm

This rather old (and very unfinished!) project of mine may be of interest...
Shape Maker 9 Fix Undo.fsm
(15.89 KiB) Downloaded 906 times

(Great minds think alike! ;) )

PS) I also had a go at doing SVG translation at around the same time (2012-2013). I had the XML tag parsing working already, but that turned out to be very slow in native Ruby, and I agree that the translation is far from easy. Aside from having to limit the elements which could be used, SVG stores curve segments using a description which is a PITA to translate into GDI+ beziers, and a few other things that I discovered. Suffice to say, I gave up pretty quickly on that!
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby JWP » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:41 pm

@Tulamide
To be more precise, I don't mean "Control Surface", I was more highlighting "Control Creator":
https://www.image-line.com/documents/news.php?tag=Control+Creator

It has sliders and lists to refine the appearance of controls. It makes controls for "Control Surface. If I recall correctly, it's a stand alone buried somewhere in FL Studio's program folders.
JWP

Postby tulamide » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:56 pm

JWP wrote:@Tulamide
To be more precise, I don't mean "Control Surface", I was more highlighting "Control Creator":
https://www.image-line.com/documents/news.php?tag=Control+Creator

It has sliders and lists to refine the appearance of controls. It makes controls for "Control Surface. If I recall correctly, it's a stand alone buried somewhere in FL Studio's program folders.

AH! Now I see. Thanks for that. Unfortunately we have a heat wave and I slowly melt in 37.5°C. Too hot to program or even think about it. Should get colder after the weekend, so I probably will come back to it then.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby tulamide » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:09 pm

trog that's a wonderful tool! I would go one step further, creating the whole code, but basically it's the same idea. I like that you made it all into graphic paths, but I'm not sure if I would go that route.

-------------------------------------------------

It seems there sadly isn't enough interest. I would have thought it's a no-brainer, but I'm often wrong, when I think an idea is awesome. So let's stay at the current hard way of programming everything.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby Spogg » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:31 am

tulamide wrote:It seems there sadly isn't enough interest. I would have thought it's a no-brainer, but I'm often wrong, when I think an idea is awesome. So let's stay at the current hard way of programming everything.

I think that’s a shame but I can understand. :cry:

As I write this there are 124 people online here. On 22nd July 2020 there were 944.
Our stuff is downloaded sometimes hundreds of times, but only the usual suspects, just a few of us, ever contribute feedback.
This comes up from time to time and has led me to take the attitude that anything I make is primarily for my interest and to see what I can achieve.
Spogg

Postby adamszabo » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:57 pm

I think many of the users are just bots unfortunately
adamszabo

Postby Spogg » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:07 pm

adamszabo wrote:I think many of the users are just bots unfortunately

I agree because we get a lot of spam.

But on the other hand, would bots download our stuff?

For example I went back about 6 months:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36899&start=0#p110244

Kevin’s effects rack was downloaded 307 times as I write this. And how many comments, suggestions and thank you messages did he get? Well, 5 different people joined in, and we know them all well.

If only 1 in 10 lurkers actually joined in, great devs like tulamide might be more inclined to make and share stuff.
It doesn’t put me off because I just enjoy making stuff, but I can see tula’s point very clearly.
:cry:
Spogg

Postby JWP » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:40 pm

@Tulamide

Consider creating a kickstarter or go fund me. Looking at Spogg's metrics your demographic is ~1000, to set a consrvative goal of $500 might be appropriate; about half

I'm not a rich man, but I'd be willing to dish $20. Possible a few teirs of $1, $5, for general interest; $10 ,$20 for early bird ; $50 for feature request.

I'm not in the lab atm, so I haven't been able to check out the other tools. If it cuts down dev time and gives a more graphical approach to ruby vectors then it wil be worth it.

The worst case scenario is you'll have lost a bit of time writing descriptions, best case you'll get a better measure of interest and a bit of bank.
JWP

Previous

Return to General