Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Graphical drop-down selector

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Graphical drop-down selector

Postby Spogg » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:54 am

HughBanton wrote:... The mouse 'transparency' problem still exists, where you sometimes end up adjusting more than you bargained for.
H

The only way I know to prevent the mouse from operating on controls behind the front one is to turn off any Views behind it.
Johan’s synths generally feature a central multi-functional edit area where you can choose what you view there by switching the view signals. By turning a view off, any mouse action is also disabled.

EDIT:
I just read your post on Discord so what I suggested here probably won’t apply. The regular selector transfers the dropdown to Windows so the Windows selection list doesn’t pass mouse signals to the FS editor while the dropdown is active.
Spogg

Postby HughBanton » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:03 pm

@Tulamide came up with a perfect & simple solution. I've modified appropriately and posted again on Discord.

You use a Ruby $global - I've called it $notSel - which == true when the Drop-down selector is not in use.

Then, in any mouse-driven item underneath, you go ..

Code: Select all
def isInMousePoint x,y
return $notSel      ### instead of 'return true'
end

and that selectively removes mouse control when the drop-down is in use. Bingo!

Thanks Tula :D

H
Attachments
graphic_drop_down_v6.fsm
for FS4 only!
(125.33 KiB) Downloaded 296 times
HughBanton

Postby RJHollins » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:21 pm

Which FS version ?
RJHollins

Postby HughBanton » Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:51 pm

It's done in the latest Alpha version :oops:
Sorry about that but I've used Alpha versions ever since they became available, and meanwhile I've somehow let my 3.0.6 toolbox get so depleted that it's really hard for me to convert stuff over now :(
H
HughBanton

Postby tulamide » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:04 am

Before you thank me, know, that this solution has a flaw. Since in plugin form all copies of the same plugin share ONE Ruby engine, they also all share this one global. It is near impossible to manually control two or more dropdowns in several instances at the same time, therefore it is unlikely to become a problem. But you should be aware of it.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Previous

Return to General