Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Advice needed for a filter project

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Advice needed for a filter project

Postby Phil Thalasso » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:58 am

Hello everyone,

it has been a while since I got to play with flowstone.
Attached please find a schematic which contains a multifilter from my last project in 2018.
Spogg has already had a go at it and I tried to implement his recommendations.
I'd be happy if you took a look and share ideas how to get rid of obvious clicking.
Hope you all are doing well, thanks for taking your time to read and have a nice day.

Best regards
Phil
Attachments
multifilter v0.2.fsm
(152.61 KiB) Downloaded 777 times
Phil Thalasso

Re: Advice needed for a filter project

Postby tektoog » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:05 am

Hey,
I tried your schematic, and changed the ASIO output to the DS one, and got no clicks... Is your ASIO buffer adjusted correctly?
I noticed that I need a short buffer when working in FS, and a bigger one to test the plug in a DAW...
With long buffers in FS, clicks, glitches, pops, crackles or whatever you call them occur, vanishing when shortening the buffer size... This seems strange as you usually increase the buffer to get rid of the glitches...
I haven't looked at your inner schematic, but I noticed your Reso slider is not connected... which is needed to test all filter types... some filters respond only with high Reso levels (like the formant one for example)...
Hope this helps a bit...
Take care ;)
"Essential random order for chaotic repetitive sequences"
tektoog

Re: Advice needed for a filter project

Postby Phil Thalasso » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:35 pm

Hello tektoog,

thank you for your kind reply. First post in ages and links in the schematic not connected :-( Sorry for that, I grabbed it from a larger project that was never finished. I will work on the ASIO part, maybe use a different computer. I literally haven't touched flowstone for almost a year and try to get back in, which is hard. Thank you for trying out and have a nice afternoon.

Best regards
Phil
Phil Thalasso

Return to User Examples