Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Classic Fuzztone with 1N34As and Tone !

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Classic Fuzztone with 1N34As and Tone !

Postby rocknrollkat » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:22 pm

Hi Gang !
2 hours ago I posted a classic Fuzztone, but I thought that those Germanium Diodes were out of reach.
That bothered me, so I got to work, developed a 1N34A with a soft turnon curve to boot, and here they are in this updated Fuzztone.
I also recalled that a highpass filter worked wonders on these boxes, so I included a nice 1 pole adjustable highpass filter named, appropriately, "Tone".
That's how we did it decades ago. Tone. You didn't need to know any more than that.
I had to drop the 1N34As turnon bias down to .05 'volts' with a turnon slope of .01 'volts' to adjust to Flowstone's adherence to their 1'volt' standard.
We used to run fuzztones much hotter than 1 a volt input signal to get those diodes humming.
I hope you enjoy these nostalgic projects, those were simpler days.
Enjoy !

ROXY :D
Attachments
ROXY's Fuzz Tone 1N34A and Tone.fsm
Fuzztone with 1N34As and "Tone" !
(186.17 KiB) Downloaded 1322 times
rocknrollkat

Return to User Examples