Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

"Green" midi keyboard - best solution so far

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: "Green" midi keyboard - best solution so far

Postby nix » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:44 pm

Here's another one,
it does dragging->
piano keyboard v2_1.osm
(45.05 KiB) Downloaded 941 times

ty to pall and Chris Hooker
nix

Postby nix » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:48 pm

I found the draggable one I did->
keyboard_nix_PhonicsAudio.fsm
(34.18 KiB) Downloaded 938 times

-edit: it's not finished, and is an awkward design indeed
nix

Postby kortezzzz » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:25 pm

Great examples nix :)

Thanks! Now I'll try to make it "midi-in responsive"...
kortezzzz

Postby keyjslider1 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:56 am

kortezzzz wrote:But I don't think there is a way to extract midi signal from the Ruby drawn keys without adding to the Ruby code a midi output as well. and Nubeat allready did it....

In contrary - there is one), I was mistaken, cause I didn't understand you correctly at the first time.
MIDI to Ruby1.jpg
MIDI to Ruby1.jpg (56.63 KiB) Viewed 10051 times

And here is schematics.
MIDI to Ruby wo MIDI in.fsm
(603 Bytes) Downloaded 967 times

The CPU load bump proved not to exceed 0.5% when played midi through it.
As for the MIDI ins fed directly to Ruby - I wouldn't unequivocally refuse from this solution. The fact is that, I've recently performed the "MIDI stress test" for Ruby MIDI capability using special code (will post later). Ruby succesfully managed sending out 4000 simultaneous MIDI events aligned as a one-shot in max 0.017 sec with 12% CPU load - without audible glitches. And 6000 events per second in a continious manner, packed as 12 times by single 500 one-shot notes per second with 21% CPU load - all that at i3 2330M machine.... That's acceptable, I think...

kortezzzz wrote:but the challenge then would be drawing the keys in one top GUI group (withput separating them into individual GUI components, as I did).

Anyhow I continue working on my own version for Ruby keyboard - , I would need it later for my current live MIDI performance system/reharmonizer project, anyway. The keyboard is meant to act as being fully resizable/rescalable with any octave number - all in real time.
MIDIkeyboard.jpg
MIDIkeyboard.jpg (93.93 KiB) Viewed 10051 times

I have already designed the proper algorithm, and only code implementation is left... My idea is to generate everything procedurally and rely mostly on math with minimum graphics objects. Could be nice if you test it later when ready.))
keyjslider1

Postby kortezzzz » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:44 am

Great job, keyjslider1

Also attached a ruby self drawn midi keyboard made by Nubeat. It might help you with generating the proper Ruby code. I would love to test after you finish the developing. Also would love to see a vertical keyboard (like in DAWs piano rolls and etc.) :D

Thanks
Attachments
(Ruby midi keyboard by Nubeat).fsm
(2.78 KiB) Downloaded 927 times
kortezzzz

Previous

Return to User Examples