Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

The Quilcom Wavemaker 4: Make waves!

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

The Quilcom Wavemaker 4: Make waves!

Postby Spogg » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:39 pm

Greetings from Spogg!

The Quilcom Wavemaker 4 is (I hope) a much improved re-work of version 3.

Its purpose is for waveform geeks to make and process single cycle waveforms for use in oscillators and cross-fading (morphing) synths and wavetable systems.

I’ve attempted to better streamline the GUI, with view buttons relating to the desired task. I’ve made many changes to the operation of the various functional parts, especially the waveform extractor on the wave draw page and the waveform routing options within the tool.

I must give special thanks to Martin Vicanek for his Wave array processors, providing a much improved smoothing function on the wave drawing page.

There’s a video you can watch to get an overview:

https://youtu.be/8E2MHDkQe9A

Download:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i6oyg6a7xqzq4 ... 4.zip?dl=0

The download zip includes the FSM, VST plugin, stand-alone executable, user guide and a selection of short wav clips and raw text files to play with. When you unzip you will get everything inside a folder.

I hope someone finds this tool useful! All comments are welcome of course.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Re: The Quilcom Wavemaker 4: Make waves!

Postby Halon » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:19 pm

Thanks Spogg :)
Halon

Postby Spogg » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:33 am

I found an issue with the Wav save module. :(

For anyone interested it was a problem with the Resample prim. Since the float arrays are normalised there will be a max value for either the negative or positive excursions, or both.

In some cases, at these peaks the prim gave huge spikes towards the opposite polarity. I couldn’t prevent this by choosing any of the 3 interpolation methods or with/without Smooth being set. It seems to be when the value is at exactly 1 or -1.
I had to opt for a work-around and multiply the array by 0.99 to fix it. It’s worked on all the wavs I’ve tested so below is the link to the new version v1.004. This is a complete download to replace the previous one and I’ve amended the link in the original post.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i6oyg6a7xqzq4 ... 4.zip?dl=0

Sorry if anyone’s had this issue and please tell me if you find any others.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby djbrynte » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:41 am

Dude this tool was cool :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!! amazing man! very usefull!
djbrynte

Postby Spogg » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:52 am

djbrynte wrote:Dude this tool was cool :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!! amazing man! very usefull!

Thank you :D
Spogg

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:56 pm

I like this idea; But do You think there might be better; more intuitive labels for the buttons?
The only part that threw Me off. Also the update sample is confusing.

Maybe like a list box of buttons purposefully grouped like radio toggles? loaded, captured and etc?

Thanks Spogg. BTW I was going to offer to make a GUI for You; But I like Yours to be honest.
Maybe a rounded edge here or there but Coo.
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby Spogg » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:03 am

Thank you for your comments sir! :D

These days I like to keep my labels short. I got a comment from a guy who had visual difficulties and he appreciated using more concise labels and in capitals. Easier for him to read apparently.

I do try to choose labels that are as descriptive as I possibly can, but ultimately I think it’s about learning what they do by using it. I guess that goes for any new tool or plugin. I know I find it quite a challenge,initially, on most new professional products I try out. Where to begin? What does that actually do? How do I do what I have in mind?

The GUI part is a real challenge for me but I know it’s very important to encourage and assist use; to make things as clear as possible and for the layout to help workflow. So these days I do put thought and time into it but I’m always open to suggestions, especially so because it's a weak skill area for me.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Return to User Examples