Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

16 Input/Output Seqential Switch

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

16 Input/Output Seqential Switch

Postby BobF » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:34 pm

Bobs16IOSeqentialSwitch.fsm
(1.17 MiB) Downloaded 891 times

Hello Gang,
This is pretty cool! Here is a simple 16 input and 16 output sequential switch. That is each output is selected sequentially, by the rate of the speed controls, course (F0-F8), and the fine speed knob. The buttons numbered 1,2,4,8 select either 16, 8, 4, or 2 outputs. All on (blue) is 16 , 8 off is 8, 4 off is 4, and 2 off is 2. All other combinations give odd counts, but also useful in some situations. Just play with it for awile and you will get the feel for it. The direction selector selects, up, down, up & down, in and out, or from the PM oscillator (Adds a little modulation to tones, just experiment). The LFO adds some frequency modulation (FM) to the speed oscillator for some more variations on patterns. Also the phase modulation (PM) oscillator does much the same as the FM modulator. Both of these oscillators can be removed of course if desired. Note that for the demo here I have selected 4 tones from four oscillators. You can though input just about anything, oscillators, filter outputs, lfo’s, adsr’s, and so on. They can also be in any combination as well, 16 oscillators, or 8 oscillators and 8 lfo’s, and so on. Well there you have. Please comment and if you have any suggestions for anything, PLEASE post.

Ok then enjoy, BobF…..
BobF

Re: 16 Input/Output Seqential Switch

Postby Phil Thalasso » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:12 pm

Thank you BobF,
as always for all your good work. I am currently extremely busy with year-end duties at work, So I won't get around doing anything useful and nice in Flowstone. X-mas break,however, will come.
I already have something in mind to do with that switch. When it's ready, I'll post.

Regards

Phil
Phil Thalasso

Re: 16 Input/Output Seqential Switch

Postby Spogg » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:16 pm

Very creative as ever Bob!

I finally got around to playing with this (I’ve been away from home for a few days) and was quickly able to make a very wide range of sounds, noises and rhythms.

This is exactly the kind of module that should appeal to modular synth geeks I would say.

Looking at the schematic I get the feeling that the LEDs are overkill for what they do and I’m sure a simpler on/off system would use less CPU. But of course there may be a reason why you need this rms scheme that I’m missing.

Well done and, as always, many thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Return to User Examples