Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Knobman issue

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: Knobman issue

Postby Nickateenbeats » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:17 pm

I think i might have found the problem. When i go to the knobman website and click on the java download link they have i get

(We have detected you are using Firefox which might be unable to use the Java plugin from this browser. Starting with Firefox Version 52 (scheduled for March 2017), Firefox has removed support for the standard way in which browsers support plugins.) message. so maybe my version of firefox just doesn't support it.

I have knobman and everything works fine until it's time to put the knob to use.
Nickateenbeats

Postby nix » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:43 pm

My anti-virus told me it had blocked an attack when I tried to go back to RDSP after downloading the file.
The version of KM to use is maybe not the Java one. I had lots of bugs last time I was using the jKnobman. I use version 1.51, which u can dl also at g200kg.

The strip thing is one way to do a knob, and I think you need a different knob build from the toolbox for this.
If you make the frame u have rotate atm, you will find that the shadow also rotates.
For these brynte knobs- he is using a knobstrip method.

As far as I know, .png is the only way to do alpha, yes.

Hope it goes for you! I would make an example, but I am just using the FS x64 atm
nix

Postby Nickateenbeats » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:17 pm

Ahhh i got it! Thank you! I did what you said (change the knob) and also downloaded the version of KM you listed and everything is working fine now! I guess the newer version of KM is bugged? Anyway, i was also exporting horizontal so that might have also been an issue.

As far as the transparent background goes, i found you can upload a file of a blank transparent picture so you only get the knob on export and not the background with it. Same as exporting as a PNG file.

Thanks again!
Nickateenbeats

Postby djbrynte » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:17 pm

i used knobman on pc. That version wont work in knobman online version.
djbrynte

Postby Nickateenbeats » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:33 pm

Everything is working fine.
Nickateenbeats

Postby djbrynte » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:58 pm

great bro. let me know if u want any more knobs i have loads of them.
djbrynte

Previous

Return to User Examples