Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

SyLFO: PPQ-Synced and Hopped LFO

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: SyLFO: PPQ-Synced and Hopped LFO

Postby kortezzzz » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:14 pm

Thanks for this beautiful creature, trog. It's so flexible and the syncing options are splendid 8-)

Had an issue to power it up in the alfa, so after a short search, I've found an error report from this asm. module (a picture attached). Any suggestions what could go wrong?

https://imgur.com/yWKaI5b
kortezzzz

Postby trogluddite » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:35 pm

The download in the top post is now updated to Beta 0.2.0.

New features:

- Discrete phase-sync added. The phase can be reset at stream rate by any positive-going zero-crossing.
- Small, round manual phase reset button added to demo' GUI.

Changes:

- Phase offsetting is now relative to the overall output period rather than the sync-source ramp.
- Sync selector Ruby code refactored to generate fewer temporary objects.

kortezzzz wrote:Had an issue to power it up in the alfa, so after a short search, I've found an error report from this asm. module (a picture attached). Any suggestions what could go wrong?

I hadn't tried it in the alpha yet, so thanks for that. In older versions, the sine function is just a 65536-element look-up table, which the built-in "sine" variable points to. So it looks like MyCo must have updated the sine function implementation. I have no doubt that this will be to make it far more accurate - but I'll have to see if I can get my head around the new ASM code!
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby trogluddite » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:35 pm

Here's a version which I'm hoping will fix the problem with the sine function in the alphas. The internal hopping should make the slight CPU rise barely noticeable, and it should have the neat side-effect of making very slow sine waves more accurate.

I'll move it to the top post once I know that the alpha problems are fixed (I'm still not up and running with it on my PC yet.)

[EDIT: Fix confirmed - attachment has been moved to the top post]
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
trogluddite

Postby kortezzzz » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:50 am

It works just fine right now :D However, I'll report any odd behavior. THANKSSSS trog :)
kortezzzz

Postby trogluddite » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:05 pm

@kortezzzz
Thanks for reporting back; I had a hunch that MyCo wouldn't have deprecated the FPU assembly codes - good to know for oscillatory-type ASM gizmos. I'll bump the fixed version up to the top post.
trogluddite

Postby trogluddite » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:41 pm

Top post updated to Beta 0.2.2. A small tweak to the 'SyLFO MASTER' module - when free-running due to there being no PPQ clock, the beat-sync and bar-sync clocks now lock phase properly. The new 'SyLFO MASTER' module is a drop-in replacement for the old one, compatible with all previous versions' LFO modules.
trogluddite

Postby Duckett » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:25 pm

Hey trog,

I was so delighted to see this, since the only other syncing LFO (that wasn't the stock step LFO) was old, and liked to crash FS, or the exported plugin it was in.

Unfortunately, I'm experiencing weird behavior (my FS version is v3.0.9b2-2437-gc137141) with my ASIO Out de-selecting, the second a parameter of SyLFO is changed (touch a knob, etc.); when I then click the ASIO selector, it's back; but then click again anywhere in the schematic, it instantly de-selects again.

It's definitely something with SyLFO that's doing it, since no matter what .fsm it is, only SyLFO causes this.

I would loooove to implement this well-designed (and small GUI footprint) LFO, but without knowing what's happening or why, I can't :(
We have to train ourselves so that we can improvise on anything... a bird, a sock, a fuming beaker! This, too, can be music. Anything can be music. -Biff Debris
Duckett

Postby trogluddite » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:54 pm

Duckett wrote:Unfortunately, I'm experiencing weird behavior (my FS version is v3.0.9b2-2437-gc137141) with my ASIO Out de-selecting

Unfortunately, it's unlikely that I'll be able to come up with a fix for you - as announced here, the 3.0.9 Beta's are notoriously unstable, so it's recommended that folks stick with earlier versions (preferably 3.0.6, to avoid a known issue with Ruby memory leaks in 3.0.8.x). It's probably a bug with the assembler primitive not recognising an opcode, but after a lot of refactoring to make the code stable for future FS4 versions, I'm loathe to go digging around again in order to support a deprecated version of FS. Sorry!
trogluddite

Postby Duckett » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:26 am

I remember that thread.. I do still have 3.06, didn't know the more recent betas were still unstable, since it's been far less crashy than the last update I tried (and reverted back to 3.06)...

Thanks for replying quickly, though!
We have to train ourselves so that we can improvise on anything... a bird, a sock, a fuming beaker! This, too, can be music. Anything can be music. -Biff Debris
Duckett

Previous

Return to User Examples