Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Simple Arp

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: Simple Arp

Postby tulamide » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:05 pm

The error message tells you that the event method calls another method in which a variable is used to add something to, although that variable is not defined (it's NIL, short for "not in list", Ruby can't find a valid variable definition). Of course, Ruby can only do a + b if both a and b are capable of being added. if a is, say, a range it wouldn't work. And NIL also doesn't support adding.

This happens a lot in FS, because FS tends to send values to a RubyEdit, before the variables are defined. That is less of a Ruby issue, but more of a communication issue between both. I think Maik has changed this in FS 4 by adding a method called "ready" or similar, which you use to not accept incoming values until the RubyEdit is fully initialized. I hacked a similar solution for 3.0.6, but can't find it in my library (too many moves between PCs).

An arp is a complex code. If it's written by another it is even more difficult to understand the other one's thinking (trust me, I know what I'm talking about). Therefore, although I might be able to solve it, I won't touch the arp. It simply is too much effort, and I can't even make good progress with the current tasks I'm working on, so I would additionally disappoint other people when giving this arp priority.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby djbrynte » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:55 pm

thanks tulamide. i understand its just to give up this arp.
djbrynte

Postby djbrynte » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:05 am

Can someone pls fix this arp. Eveytime i play a midi and after some little time the sound disapair. Lets say i put in the synth put on the arp. And then after 1 min the sound is gone. Can some one fix this arp pls. I remember i had this problem before to.

And pls can someone also get the arp synced?
djbrynte

Postby kortezzzz » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:23 am

You can use this graphical arp instead which I've hacked a little yesterday. Working here without an issue.
Attachments
(Simple Arp Fixed by kortezzzz).fsm
Made with ver. 3.0.6
(179.08 KiB) Downloaded 1071 times
kortezzzz

Postby djbrynte » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:14 pm

Thnx but i want it easier arp. Not these step things.

Just like the simple arp. is there a chance to modify this one kortezzzz?
djbrynte

Postby kortezzzz » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:18 pm

Unfortunately, it's beyond my coding skills. The simple arp you want is not that simple... it acts differently comparing to the steps arp. It's very complex since it recognizes full chords played by the user and being able to collect each played note in the chord separately and add it to the sequence in a perfect order. I can hack something similar, but I can not overcome the the full chord recognizing challenge. You'll need a Ruby guru for that.
kortezzzz

Postby josevo » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:01 pm

djbrynte wrote:Can someone pls fix this arp. Eveytime i play a midi and after some little time the sound disapair. Lets say i put in the synth put on the arp. And then after 1 min the sound is gone. Can some one fix this arp pls. I remember i had this problem before to.

And pls can someone also get the arp synced?

Here you have, the loop stop was due to uncontrolled notes deletions.

BTW I added a seed so you can play with more controlled random arp sequences,
it seems interesting for new ideas...
Attachments
Simple Arp8Demo2.fsm
(133.2 KiB) Downloaded 729 times
josevo

Postby kortezzzz » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:42 pm

Amazing job, Josevo. Thank you so much for this lovely complex arp!! 8-) :ugeek:
kortezzzz

Postby Duckett » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:56 pm

One thing I definitely can enjoy about this forum- reading through an entire thread, even an older one with a relatively innocuous title, can be quite educational! :)
We have to train ourselves so that we can improvise on anything... a bird, a sock, a fuming beaker! This, too, can be music. Anything can be music. -Biff Debris
Duckett

Postby josevo » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:27 am

kortezzzz wrote:Amazing job, Josevo. Thank you so much for this lovely complex arp!! 8-) :ugeek:

Thank you for your kind words!

----------------------------------------------
P.S.
This prototype is just for fun, Ruby should* not be used for creating the synchronisation part of sequencers as you may notice in this example.

Anyway, here you have the latest version of the simple multi-arp, improved and with less bugs.

*By "should" (instead of "must") I meant "if you can avoid it, don't use it." (because event scheduling is a very delicate thing regarding bugs, and I didn't know who was Exo, at that time :oops: )
Attachments
Simple Arp8Demo4.fsm
(319.05 KiB) Downloaded 660 times
Last edited by josevo on Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
josevo

PreviousNext

Return to User Examples