Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

The Quilcom SIM-PF: Have tinkle on me!

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: The Quilcom SIM-PF: Have tinkle on me!

Postby Spogg » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:33 am

k brown wrote:And it doesn't need any of it's inputs set up a certain way?

No!

I thus deduce that you have a keyboard that doesn't register velocity AND has no sustain pedal plugged into it :lol:
Spogg

Postby tulamide » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:41 am

I just answered that question in private. I hope Kevin isn't too surprised, that it is just another MIDI CC (here CC64, with <64 == off and >= 64 == on) :D
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby k brown » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:43 am

Well, it's like this - I have a Bass Station that sends Velo, but has no Sust pedal input. And a DX100 that doesn't send Velo, but does have a Sust pedal jack. However I've not had a pedal until just a week ago when my wife bought a Yamaha 'arranger' keyboard that sends Velo, AT and has a sustain jack, but wont work with my old PC ! :oops: :roll:
Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

Postby k brown » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:45 am

I knew Sust was just MIDI CC64, I just didn't know the MIDI-Voice prim recognized it natively/didn't need to be 'told' externally, like PB, Mod Whl, Breath etc.

If one wanted to use Sustain pedal/CC64 for some other purpose in a project, how you tell the MIDI-Voice prim not to sustain when the pedal's used for something else? Is that when one would need trogg's MIDI Helper module?
k brown

Postby k brown » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:12 am

You're right about opening your schem - it worked by opening it after I was in FS, but not by double-clicking the fsm.
k brown

Postby Spogg » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:40 am

I’ve come across the schematic opening by double-click issue before. Also I sometimes find, especially with Bob’s schematics, that if I double click to open, my toolbox is empty! No idea why.

Regarding the sustain-pedal-for-something-other-than-sustain thing, you’d have to make a MIDI filter for CC64 to stop the MIDI prims from responding.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:19 pm

You know, I don't often mention but I'm a pianist. I'll check this out :)
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby BobF » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:06 pm

Hi Spogg,

Great Piano sounds, works great with a "Akai MPK mini " keyboard I just bought for $5.00 (it had a bad power supply that I fixed). It has velocity so it's great for testing nice synth's like this one. Very nice lay out and I really like your Sympathiser works well and very cool having a built in recorder.

Later then, BobF.....
BobF

Postby trogluddite » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:39 pm

k brown wrote:Is that when one would need trogg's MIDI Helper module?

Besides the other "hold modes" that it implements; yes, pretty much - it allows you to override the default assignment to CC64, or to use an arbitrary boolean link to control it. Having the module and the built-in sustain working at the same time doesn't do any harm, AFAIK - they just logical-OR with each other.

Spogg wrote:I’ve come across the schematic opening by double-click issue before. Also I sometimes find, especially with Bob’s schematics, that if I double click to open, my toolbox is empty! No idea why.

I've never got to the bottom of it either. I've never noticed much of pattern to which schematics it affects, other than it's rarely ones made on the same PC, and larger ones are maybe more prone to it. The thing I find strangest is that FS will sometimes let me edit the schematic, save/load files etc., and even call up new primitives by their shortcut keys; all without the application having been completely initialised. There's some clever multi-tasking going on to let that happen!
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby Spogg » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:58 am

trogluddite wrote:I've never noticed much of pattern to which schematics it affects, other than it's rarely ones made on the same PC, and larger ones are maybe more prone to it.

Yes it's well weird. I've never yet had it happen on any of my own scematics, and some of them are huge. But Bob's I would guess at about 50% fail the toolbox test, even his small schematics.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

PreviousNext

Return to User Examples