Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

Drumzatron SFZ Sequencer

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Drumzatron SFZ Sequencer

Postby pwesynthmaker » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:57 am

UPDATEED: 04/05/20

Drumzatron is a FlowStone SFZ Sampler Drum Loop Sequencer
Updated: 05/08/20

Drumzatron 2 can be downloaded as a ZIP File from the following link:

https://www.invntefx.com/ssl/_invntefxfstone/drumzatron.zip

The download includes:
drmidsfz (sfz soundfont folder)
drumzatronjpgs (drumzatron images)
gmidpwrsfz (sfz soundfont folder)
drumzatron2.dll
drumzatron2.exe
drumzatron2.fsm
drumzatron2_tst.fsm
drumzatronhlp.doc
drumzatronhlp.docx
drumzatronhlp.pdf
drumzatronhlp.txt
drumzatronver.txt
drumzatronvsti.txt
mididrmap.txt

This download includes my personally custom designed DrumKit SFZ soundfonts with 62 percussion instruments ...
Filename: drmidsfz1.sfz (in the included subfolder --- 'no_loop' version matches note length).
Alternate Soundfont:
Filename: drmidsfz2.sfz (in the included subfolder --- 'one_shot' version each instrument plays sustained full length for a more natural sound).
I have also added an additional General MIDI Power Drumkit SFZ soundfonts folder ... I recently designed this one.
Also included is my Power DrumKit SFZ soundfont.

In order to utilize the sequencer it is necessary to 'load' the SFZ soundfont with the soundfont sampler (on the bottom far left side) and add notes to it.
Editing of the sequencer graph is accomplished by using a Mouse pointer to enter or delete notes.

Drumzatron 2 uses approximately 10% CPU Memory Demand ... it has no additional sound effects modules.

There is an additional transposer on the right bottom side of the program for use with an external midi controller input.
Last edited by pwesynthmaker on Fri May 08, 2020 12:54 pm, edited 14 times in total.
pwesynthmaker

Re: Drumzatron SFZ Sequencer

Postby deraudrl » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:17 pm

Ok, loaded the standalone, clicked middle-C to start the Preset 1 sequence...sounds good. Middle-C again stops it, I can start and stop at will.

Stopped it, switched to Preset 2, clicked middle-C, sequencer cycles but no sound. Stopped it, switched back to Preset 1, started it, still no sound. To get it to play again, I need to reload the exe. Am I missing something?
I keep a pair of oven mitts next to my computer so I don't get a concussion from slapping my forehead while I'm reading the responses to my questions.
deraudrl

Postby pwesynthmaker » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:32 am

I only include a preset manager as an executable addon. Its functionality varies dependent on the version of OS and FStone installed. DAWs in general consider it a 'dunsel' ...
Also, the off/on Keylock setting for sequencer start/stop may vary from DAW, DAW, DAW to DO, DO, DONT.

EXAM;LE: FL Studio 20 Drumzatron.dll does not require turning off the Keylock for sequencer start/stop after a start ... Bremmers MultitrackStudio does ...
pwesynthmaker

Postby pshannon » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:02 pm

pwesynthmaker wrote:I only include a preset manager as an executable addon. Its functionality varies dependent on the version of OS and FStone installed. DAWs in general consider it a 'dunsel' ...
Also, the off/on Keylock setting for sequencer start/stop may vary from DAW, DAW, DAW to DO, DO, DONT.

EXAM;LE: FL Studio 20 Drumzatron.dll does not require turning off the Keylock for sequencer start/stop after a start ... Bremmers MultitrackStudio does ...

Really nice work, I look forward to playing with it.
pshannon

Postby Spogg » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:00 pm

I finally got to have a quick look at this.

VERY clever stuff inside!

But I was puzzled that when I put entries on the bottom lane I didn’t hear a Bass drum. I did load the sfz and I think I followed the instructions, but keep in mind I’ve only tried it in FS so far.

What am I not getting? :?

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby deraudrl » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:15 pm

Spogg wrote:But I was puzzled that when I put entries on the bottom lane I didn’t hear a Bass drum. I did load the sfz and I think I followed the instructions, but keep in mind I’ve only tried it in FS so far.
The names on the left don't match up with the sounds being played except (maybe) after the initial load, when it's using the sample arrays that were saved with the FSM. Not to mention that which sounds you hear change depending on which key you use to start/stop the sequencer. It's almost like the start/stop key is transposing the preset sequence up or down.

And yes, that's using it inside FS, since I can't read anything in the GUI at the default standalone zoom level.
I keep a pair of oven mitts next to my computer so I don't get a concussion from slapping my forehead while I'm reading the responses to my questions.
deraudrl

Postby pwesynthmaker » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:06 pm

Set the pianoroll keyboard octave offset to 0.
Set the transposer below the sampler on the far left to -3 octaves.
Use the zoom level to enlarge for better visibility.

Here is the standard midi drum map used ... higher and lower soundfont instruments included may be reached by transposition:

84 C5 Bell Tree
83 B4 Sleigh Bells
82 Bb4 Shaker
81 A4 Open Triangle
80 Ab4 Mute Triangle
79 G4 Open Cuica
78 F#4 Mute Cuica
77 F4 Low Wood Block
76 E4 Hi Wood Block
75 Eb4 Claves
74 D4 Long Guiro
73 C#4 Short Guiro
72 C4 Long Whistle
71 B3 Short Whistle
70 Bb3 Maracas
69 A3 Cabasa
68 Ab3 Low Agogo
67 G3 High Agogo
66 F#3 Low Timbale
65 F3 High Timbale
64 E3 Low Conga
63 Eb3 Open Hi Conga
62 D3 Mute Hi Conga
61 C#3 Low Bongo
60 C3 Hi Bongo
59 B2 Ride Cymbal 2
58 Bb2 Vibraslap
57 A2 Crash Cymbal 2
56 Ab2 Cowbell
55 G2 Splash Cymbal
54 F#2 Tambourine
53 F2 Ride Bell
52 E2 Chinese Cymbal
51 Eb2 Ride Cymbal 1
50 D2 High Tom
49 C#2 Crash Cymbal 1
48 C2 Hi Mid Tom
47 B1 Low-Mid Tom
46 Bb1 Open Hi-Hat
45 A1 Low Tom
44 Ab1 Pedal Hi-Hat
43 G1 High Floor Tom
42 F#1 Closed Hi Hat
41 F1 Low Floor Tom
40 E1 Electric Snare
39 Eb1 Hand Clap
38 D1 Acoustic Snare
37 C#1 Side Stick
36 C1 Bass Drum 1
pwesynthmaker

Postby deraudrl » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:56 pm

pwesynthmaker wrote:Use the zoom level to enlarge for better visibility.
If you're talking about the zoom control inside FS, I did that. My point is that the standalone version is unreadable on anything remotely resembling a high-resolution display.
deraudrl

Postby pwesynthmaker » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:39 pm

Just increased the vertical graph size ... should work for 20/20 ... GUI (Graphical User Interface) font size is arial 1.0 on controls because of miniaturization.
pwesynthmaker

Postby deraudrl » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:10 pm

pwesynthmaker wrote:Just increased the vertical graph size ... should work for 20/20 ...
...which enlarged the drum sound names on the left, but nothing else. Fine, I'll deal with that.

Moving on, I'm still unclear on how the drum sounds map onto the piano roll. It looks like each row of the roll should correspond to the name on the left at zero transposition. That's certainly not what I'm hearing.

Also it's not obvious what starting with a different key besides middle-C does to that mapping, besides further confusing the already tenuous relationship between sequencer rows and drum sounds. (Actually, I have no idea what function the keyboard performs in the first place: given that there's a piano-roll sequencer and transposition controls, it's redundant and could be replaced with play/pause/stop buttons.)
deraudrl

Next

Return to User Examples