Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Animated visual sliding effect

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Animated visual sliding effect

Postby kortezzzz » Wed May 27, 2020 11:48 pm

Hi,
Just a little example of how to create an animated visual slide effect. It probably can be optimized (motion in FS just goes ugly when it too slow and I have no idea how to fix it) so if you like it, you're welcome to optimize and use. It's just a kinda starting point :)

Cheers!
Attachments
(SLIDING MENU).fsm
(729.63 KiB) Downloaded 934 times
kortezzzz

Re: Animated visual sliding effect

Postby tulamide » Thu May 28, 2020 3:36 am

Nice one!

And whoever made the "bpm counter" Ruby module - I love him/her! It's totally, really 100%, on the same path as I am, only that I never take the time to comment ;) (I should, but I'm lazy) People can learn a lot by just reading the code and the comments! Highly recommended.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby pshannon » Thu May 28, 2020 3:56 am

Nice job and plenty of comments too. Thanks for sharing this awesome example.
pshannon

Postby kortezzzz » Thu May 28, 2020 6:37 am

Thanks for the comments, guys. The bpm counter is actually Trog's famous Ruby counter which stars in many of my schematics and had been shared lately in tiffy's FIFO schematic collaboration. Just forgot to credit him in this one. So here is another "Huge thank you" and I hope he's fine.
kortezzzz

Postby k brown » Thu May 28, 2020 6:58 am

Simplee amazing!
Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

Postby Spogg » Thu May 28, 2020 7:57 am

Very nice example Kortezzzz!

I made something like this once (not as elegant of course) but I didn't use it in the end because when I started making presets the sliding (vertical) just annoyed the hell out of me! :lol:
I found that if I made it go faster it moved in lumps, not at all smoothly, and that was in the VSTi plugin. I guess that’s down to the windows drawing limitations.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby kortezzzz » Thu May 28, 2020 9:32 am

Thanks guys :)

Spogg,
Yep. I guess this method is not very useful for plugins. The clumsy motion is ugly and moreover, if you'd like to create any bigger array menus, you'll have to work hard with putting them in one longggg container (I used only 3...). But for some other tasks, it gonna be useful, like small image album applications or such. My little brother is learning web coding lately and I can only envy how fast and smooth those effects run with web languages :cry:
Yesterday he created a web platform which allows clients to register a purchased product with "ID number-serial number" method (which I use in my sites) with minimum costs and he did it within 2 days! Wish FS-ish kinda software could do such things so smooth and fast. Just an off-topic thought: If only FS concept could have been imported to other platforms, like web languages or ported with "flutters" (which is marked as "the platform of future" by many experts), This forum was probably one of the most interesting places in the internet universe :)
kortezzzz

Postby tulamide » Thu May 28, 2020 10:23 am

kortezzzz wrote:Wish FS-ish kinda software could do such things so smooth and fast. Just an off-topic thought: If only FS concept could have been imported to other platforms, like web languages or ported with "flutters" (which is marked as "the platform of future" by many experts), This forum was probably one of the most interesting places in the internet universe :)

You don't need "web languages". HTML5 uses WebGL for Graphics and WebGL is just a subset of OpenGL. If only we could convince Maik that integrating OpenGL would be such a gamechanger. Sadly his reaction is always "nah, GDI+ is fast enough"

And Kortezzzz, if you want to really get jealous, look for Online UX Design Software, like Figma, working right in your browser...

Regarding Flutter, it also just cooks with water (German saying). It is "the future" for some programmers, because it takes away a lot of the hard work and auto-manages it. They call it declarative style, but it is not much more than hiding the real programming aspects behind a better readable code base. What it doesn't do: Faster execution or any form of visual building of apps. It is pure text file and command line programming.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby kortezzzz » Thu May 28, 2020 12:59 pm

tulamide wrote:if you want to really get jealous, look for Online UX Design Software, like Figma, working right in your browser...

Regarding Flutter, it also just cooks with water (German saying). It is "the future" for some programmers, because it takes away a lot of the hard work and auto-manages it. They call it declarative style, but it is not much more than hiding the real programming aspects behind a better readable code base. What it doesn't do: Faster execution or any form of visual building of apps. It is pure text file and command line programming.

Just saw it. Heart breaking... But as we all know, to get these kind of performance, FS should be re-written and yada yada yada, so I guess we can't say a word to maik about that. He's doing more than I could ever imagine as a one man crew. What we really need here is money :lol: but hey, maybe one day maik will surprise us and gonna shorten the way to earning money by adding cross platform support and then, our forum members will finally increase sales and gonna have enough resources to support FS re-writing :)

Well, that's just my wishful thoughts. I know the probability is low, but who knows... At the other hand, it's hard to believe that nobody in the wolds sees the potential of decent visual apps building platform except DSPR and synthedit. It might come out of blue and make someone a very rich man.
kortezzzz

Return to User Examples