Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Synthmaker bundle

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: Synthmaker bundle

Postby k brown » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:09 am

Thanks Spogg, no luck. I mistakenly thought that you could install different versions on the same computer, so I installed 1.1.5 and it replaced the 2.0.5!, so I don't know the status of my toolbox because the program freezes with the appearance of this pop-up before the toolbox has a chance to load.. Still doing the same thing with this older version - so something with my computer. Recovery folder is empty; no surprise since I just installed this version.

Nix - Nothing'd been changed. I literally opened a schematic this morning that I was working on last night - same computer, same software, same everything.
Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

Postby k brown » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:25 am

Well, things have gone from bad to worse. I un-installed 1.1.5 and re-installed 2.0.5, and now schematics won't even open - just goes straight to that pop-up mssge: "Schematic Load: Type not found". I have 2.0.5 on another computer and all schemtics open fine on that one. WTF?! And when that box pops up, nothing will get rid of it - have to re-start the computer.
k brown

Postby Phil Thalasso » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:07 am

Hello Kevin,

I am using flowstone, so I know nothing about the software that gives you problems. One thing I can suggest, however, is to install a tool like this http://www.chip.de/downloads/Process-Ha ... 94013.html and see what causes the problem. You can find an English guide to this program here:
https://blogs.sans.org/windows-security ... Fossen.pdf

Another tool I can recommend to actually get rid of each and every bit of your installation is the following:
http://www.chip.de/downloads/IObit-Unin ... 21217.html
When uninstalling, it also takes care of registry entries.

Other than that I wouldn't know anything else to do.

Good Luck with that
Regards
Phil
Phil Thalasso

Postby nix » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:39 am

imo
uninstall the current version-2.05
reboot
reinstall and uninstall 1.1.5
reboot
reinstall 2.05

>>this step is a hail Mary, and I don't advise unless you are prepared to reinstall Windows
if this doesn't work*
uninstall all versions
reboot
use regedit to delete all SM folders and keys(use 'find next')
reboot
reinstall 2.05

*this is nearly as radical as reinstalling Windows

alternately you could install a Virtual Machine to run SM on
nix

Postby Spogg » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:27 pm

The only registry entry that matters is the installation path to the Synthmaker program folder. It is essential this is correct. Search in Regedit for “synthmaker” to find it.
The rest is just Windows stuff keeping track of what was opened last, window sizes and so on. These can be ignored.

However, I’m now thinking that the toolbox has a corrupt entry. When you uninstall/reinstall, the toolbox and any data in Appdata is left alone. If you rename the SynthMaker folder in Appdata and try a fresh install, and it works, then we have progress at least. I’ve had this once before and it took ages to find and eliminate the offending item. I think it was a wave player IIRC.

You won’t lose the Appdata’s Synthmaker folder since you can always re-rename it!

Good luck Kevin!

Spogg
Spogg

Postby nix » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:51 pm

Is it ProgramData?
- and it's hidden by default?
if it's hidden, try the view menu in my computer KB

agreed-uninstall and delete that folder,
it can't hurt, except maybe delete your toolbox I think,
so yeah- save the toolbox too if that looks possible
nix

Postby k brown » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:42 pm

Thanks all -
Spogg, you're hunch was correct; something polluted the toolbox. I un-installed 1.1.5, then re-named the SM folder in Appdata, re-installed 2.0.5 and all is fine, except of course, empty toolbox. Whatever got in there must have been by mistake, I haven't put anything new in it for a week or two and this just started happening yesterday. I'm wondering - can the toolbox get too full, or have too many complex modules? If it's just a single troublesome item in there how on earth do I identify it? I guess just read through the list and see if there's something who's name doesn't make sense?
Anyway, no big tragedy - what I was working on was going to be my swansong anyway. A mashup of functions from ARP 2500, 2600, Odyssey, the CMS 2607 and a couple of ideas from Macbeth's 2600-inspired M5. All wrapped up in my favorite new GUI, the copper panel with 'Bakelite' knobs. Calling it copperHead.
k brown

Postby k brown » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:06 am

copperHead copy.jpg
copperHead copy.jpg (190.44 KiB) Viewed 23124 times

copperHead.zip
(6.29 MiB) Downloaded 1323 times
Last edited by k brown on Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
k brown

MinDy S presets

Postby tulamide » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:53 am

Spogg wrote:It would be nice of some kind and creative soul would create more presets for it.
Here are 4 presets. Sorry, I won't do more, because there is more on my agenda. But hey, better than nothing. And maybe someone else will also provide a handful, and another one, etc... ;)
Attachments
tulamide.zip
(2.83 KiB) Downloaded 1262 times
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Re: MinDy S presets

Postby Spogg » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:50 pm

tulamide wrote:Here are 4 presets... ...And maybe someone else will also provide a handful, and another one, etc... ;)

Thank you fine sir! I've loaded them up and they'll be incorporated when I add to the info view.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

PreviousNext

Return to User Examples