Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

Freely Configurable Filter

DSP related issues, mathematics, processing and techniques

Re: Freely Configurable Filter

Postby KG_is_back » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:24 pm

martinvicanek wrote:Julius O. Smith is a good source:
https://www.dsprelated.com/freebooks/sa ... esign.html

OMFG! It has never occurred to me that ln(frequency domain)=ln(magnitude)+i*phase
Cepstrum always seemed like just an "engineering" solution to pitch detection. It has never occurred to me that it could actually be a "mathematical" solution to something... I think I'm having the biggest nerdgasm since I discovered orbital rings.
KG_is_back

Postby Spogg » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:07 am

martinvicanek wrote:
Spogg wrote:I’m wondering if this could be used to accurately match a spectral profile for mastering somehow. Spogg

Like this?
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3972&start=50#p22927

Well, yes! I now recall seeing this before :oops:

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby guyman » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:36 pm

I have hella ideas for this. For one - it would be great to hold a button when creating another dot that locks the y-axis (to the next closest dot?) so that one can create flat tops to curves super quick, I don't know if it should lock y axis to the closest, the highest, the lowest, or different key functions for each option, but that would make it more intuitive to use. I've experimented with spline EQs before, and the unique sound of the filter shapes you can create are amazing - but as a mix artist, they are not the most "emotional" way of eq-ing a sound, it's less musical and intuitive to use, really guess and check.

maybe even generate two points simultaneously... like draw point A, and hold key functions to generate point B... x distance away along the freq/x axis... to the left or tight.. and drag and hold while holding key function to increase and decrease distance.. to raise entire regions along the spline/x axis... super helpful when eqing...

In addition to easy flat top segments, it would be great to have intuitive peaking. Imagine this... you have to points (A & B), and create a third (C) in the middle, it draws straight lines from each outer dot to the inner (AC & CB) - BUT when you hold a key stroke function, TWO MORE dots appear (D & E) along AC and CB. D & E are y axis locked with A & B, but the distance is adjustable from A C & B, while maintaining relativity. this basically allows for somthing comparable for Q width to be manages while editing C's gain between A & B. like straight lined peak filters... i Dunno sounds hella cool... maybe impractical.....
guyman

Postby guyman » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:30 am

Maybe even solo spline segments to listen while eqing.....
guyman

Previous

Return to DSP