Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Question: Standardized Knob / Slider Controls

DSP related issues, mathematics, processing and techniques

Question: Standardized Knob / Slider Controls

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:56 pm

So; After looking around on the KVR Forums I realized that Synthmaker / Flowstone does not have the best reputation.

And after testing the product I have to admit I think that it is one of the better in DSP's and bar synthedit being a second I cannot falter its efficiency and reliability.

I bought the Bluecat's plug'n script as well; While good it has a plastic sound. I like the sound though (volume on it seems raw... dangerous almost) but Flowstone is cool.

So towards it having a better Rep; I wanted to start a question and conversation regarding standards. And those standards regarding knobs are as follows:

- Double click to default
- right click to type in value
- ctrl to control speed / coarse - fine
- 2 / 3 decimals.

It seems a small thing but I have to question why that Flowstone is getting such negative reviews. For instance I notice that VarietyofSound's plugins are extremely reliable and yet there is still this beef.

So why can we not start posting standardized items?

For instance I notice Digitonix was the only one who had a slider with dbl click default and I looked at how He did it.
I was working on a horizontal slider and wanted to do the same, so I did this:

and here is the example of the reset module I'd found (not mine , but very useful). BTW within default I removed Left click and ctrl and then selected left double click + a 200 ms tick delay so as to avoid retriggering.

This would make products made by Us more like waves. I'm fond of the idea and I believe We can compete.
Last edited by wlangfor@uoguelph.ca on Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Re: Question: Standardized Knob / Slider Controls

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:25 pm

OK, OK, maybe like Waves defaulted with double click lol. Right click default & Ctrl to control coarse/fine.

So, there is Pali64 Who added an example for a touch screen:
http://flowstone.co.uk/support/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8314&si....

And I thought it would be cool to make a package that can be easily used on any knob. But I thought why not also add a grayed out modal window?

It could be achieved with four rectangles with transparency:

So; then something like this would appear if You double click:

And (if Pali64's agreeable to us using His):

I'll figure this out, make it and add it to the use examples. If Pali64 is not OK with using His input schema I suppose I could make one.
Last edited by wlangfor@uoguelph.ca on Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby Nubeat7 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:23 pm

everything is possible in FS you just need to do it...
here you can find some useful tools like tooltips when hover over knobs, editable readouts or multifunctional sliders..
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6383&hilit=+knob
Nubeat7

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:36 pm

Thanks Nubeat, I like Your stuff a lot. :)

I sometimes use it, admittedly though; I've been rushing projects and You're in My "private stock" of plugins I use for mixing. I'll try to add some of Your stuff; But You make intense coding when often I'm in a rush.

By the way; I think Your scroll BG thing is the future of VST; Especially if it was possible to zoom.
People could do more with less area and navigate to what they wanted to view.
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Return to DSP