Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Useful Tip: De-Zippers and result of Multiplication

DSP related issues, mathematics, processing and techniques

Re: Useful Tip: De-Zippers and result of Multiplication

Postby nix » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:37 pm

mmm-
I can agree to that.
It's obvious that DSP effects work and they do not all sound the same.
The different effects have different waveforms when rendered to prove it.

however-
multiplication and division sound the same, I think any rounding errors are inconsequential when using a normal bitrate.

-- they are essentially exactly the same.
If you took a 440 hz sine with .5 peak, and multiplied it by .5 and rendered that
and the same sine and divided it by 2
they would null when phase inverted for sure, without any noise or inconsistencies at all
This test could be extrapolated by multiplying them again by 2 and dividing it by .5 unto say 1000 iters
to see if they would still null perfect
--they prolly would
nix

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:12 pm

Ok, lol; so I feel having no de-zip can be very relevant. But obviously using it while configuring or affecting settings there is a great strength to its being utilized.

To that end I've made a usable example which can be found in the beta of the shelf EQ which is available here:
http://flowstone.co.uk/support/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14696&sid=96a171acb2c1bef01280c0fce38a2753

(just look within the code which contains the coefs for the hp and lp).
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby jesterstudios » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:06 am

Nubeat7 wrote:Could you explain how exactly the Sound is getting fuller when a Multiplication instead of a Division is used? Sure it's faster so there is less risk of crackles, but a fuller Sound?

I'm designing a virtual effects pedal that requires different knobs to have certain frequencies can I do that with the dezipper?
Whomever helps me figure this out will be given a big thank you
Industrial music isn't dead.
jesterstudios

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:09 am

jesterstudios wrote:
Nubeat7 wrote:Could you explain how exactly the Sound is getting fuller when a Multiplication instead of a Division is used? Sure it's faster so there is less risk of crackles, but a fuller Sound?

I'm designing a virtual effects pedal that requires different knobs to have certain frequencies can I do that with the dezipper?
Whomever helps me figure this out will be given a big thank you

the de-zipper merely adds a bit of tension and latency feedback. It's a subtle sound and I suppose you could use a few of them in tandem to create a bit of fuzziness, sort of like the wave brand fx. They have their own color and I guess it's something similar but, obviously different.
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Previous

Return to DSP