Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Impulse Response

DSP related issues, mathematics, processing and techniques

Re: Impulse Response

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:21 pm

what about a bandpass from 500 - 1500 ? A wide resonance, then set that signal to o.6 and the original to 0.4?

It's not just bass that causes tweaks. I haven't tried it but it stands to reason. A-weighting, C-weighting LUFS, etc all support the idea that this is the loudest of the spectrum.
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby Lex248 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:39 pm

martinvicanek wrote:Please try convorev7fixed on page 6.

Hi, Martin!
Some strange sound (squeak, distortion) in the version Convorev7fixed. The old version Convorev7 doesn't have that.
Sorry, I bad speak english.
---
My plug-ins http://nalexsoft.blogspot.com/
Lex248

Postby mccy » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:28 pm

Hi!
I used these convolution experiments to build a guitar2banjo simulator.
Nothing special today, where there are lots of convolution engines, but I like that 'blackbox' feeling as a vst and version 5 of the experiments worked well under 64bit alpha :-).
I'd like to make a free plugin (just a black box with that one IR in it) out of it with a hint to you Martin Vicanec. Would that be OK?

Martin K
mccy

Postby martinvicanek » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:22 pm

Yes, of course, go ahead. Let me know if there is any bug to fix.
martinvicanek

Postby StereoSpace » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:47 pm

Hey. please tell me, if I take a pulse from the equalizer and then load it into your engine, is it possible to achieve a more accurate result? Now, when listening to the processed signal, readability drops noticeably. I didn't want to make a semblance of a cabinet, namely, casts of equalizers. Thanks in advance.

And also ... maybe a stupid question, but besides reverb and cabinets with equalizers, is it possible to make compressors on impulses or some other interesting effects?

Updated.

I realized that the impulses of the cabinets were not suitable for the latest working version of Convo. However, some ordinary pulses cause distortion in the processed signal. Maybe I should record a short video of the problem?
And by the way, it's a shame that the Quilcom IRA 2 editor never came along with your wonderful IR engine. Some features are missing, such as auto normalization of the pulse, its stretching or compression, reverse, etc.
But thank you for this thing, now I mix songs using many of your schemes and they are no worse than expensive analogs.
GUI designer
StereoSpace

Previous

Return to DSP