Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Impulse Response

DSP related issues, mathematics, processing and techniques

Re: Impulse Response

Postby tulamide » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:56 pm

RJHollins wrote:OR ... is there some other aspect that's buggin' you that I'm missing?

Well, I wouldn't want this baby to basically be a duplicate of that audiothing convolver with just another graphic style, while having the same features and layout.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby martinvicanek » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:32 pm

Wow, that audio thingy sure looks good. But I bet tulamide can top the GUI, and in terms of features we have something to offer as well. I am talking about synthethic IR generation onboard. ;)
martinvicanek

Postby KG_is_back » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:12 pm

The gated reverb module... just a simple gate, with separate inputs and sidechain.

controls:
gateDuck - the target gain when gate is closed. (0 = gate closes completely, 0.5 = gate ducks signal by 50%~-6dB)
threshold - level at which gate opens/closes. Linear scaled. I considered having separate thresholds for opening and closing, but it shouldn't be necessary.
hold time - delay time between when signal drops below threshold and when gate starts closing. It prevents distortions, when signal fluctuates near threshold.
release time - how fast gate closes after hold-time elapsed. Works like conventional envelope follower.

scaling for the hold time and release time may be edited in the properties. I purposefully implemented the parameters as inputs, instead of a GUI, so that GUI may be made separately. All inputs are in 0-1 range, so knobs should be easy to do. gateDuck and threshold might work better if knobs are in dB format and then converted to 0-1.
Attachments
gate.fsm
(142.42 KiB) Downloaded 1886 times
KG_is_back

Postby tulamide » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:49 pm

KG_is_back wrote:The gated reverb module... just a simple gate, with separate inputs and sidechain.

controls:
gateDuck - the target gain when gate is closed. (0 = gate closes completely, 0.5 = gate ducks signal by 50%~-6dB)
threshold - level at which gate opens/closes. Linear scaled. I considered having separate thresholds for opening and closing, but it shouldn't be necessary.
hold time - delay time between when signal drops below threshold and when gate starts closing. It prevents distortions, when signal fluctuates near threshold.
release time - how fast gate closes after hold-time elapsed. Works like conventional envelope follower.

scaling for the hold time and release time may be edited in the properties. I purposefully implemented the parameters as inputs, instead of a GUI, so that GUI may be made separately. All inputs are in 0-1 range, so knobs should be easy to do. gateDuck and threshold might work better if knobs are in dB format and then converted to 0-1.

Downloading now, but may only be able to have a look at it tomorrow. But from the description it does pretty much the same as the RV 7000 in Reason, which is working great: Click to see image
tulamide

Postby tulamide » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:18 am

You may have wondered why I wasn't active in this thread for more than a month now. The reason is, I am helping someone by programming Ruby stuff. It is a very ambitious project and I want to give the very best I can.

In the past I made a big mistake: I always said yes. I just wanted to help everyone. Recently I realized that this only leads to disappointment, because I simply can't help all. And so some will suffer, especially because I don't want to destroy their hopes and therefore don't tell them that I'm sorry, but won't be able to do what I promised.

I'm in the process of learning to say no. Also, I try to realize what I can and can't. And currently, this project is on hold, until I'm done with the current work.

I made this decision, because the other project is well advanced, basically just waiting for my Ruby modules. Our IR engine doesn't have a strict timeline.

Sorry for delaying the progress, but that's how it is. Thank you.
tulamide

Postby Spogg » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:54 am

I'm certain that people will understand and I think it was a good idea to tell folk that some will be disappointed. They won't die from it!
Plus, it's far better to do just one thing well than 3 things badly.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby martinvicanek » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:28 am

@tulamide, that's perfectly OK with me. I have been busy with other things, too. On the other hand, now that Spogg has his site up, hmm... :idea:
martinvicanek

Postby lalalandsynth » Fri May 31, 2019 5:14 pm

Did this project die ? i am willing to make a gui .
Also, can this take a stereo impulse ?
For making the impulses is it best to use a sweep and deconvolve or just use an impulse ?

Loading impulses works perfectly in FS but crashes Reaper....sometimes.

EDIT: Tested this extensively , still seems to crash randomly when loading impulses.
Also sometimes either gets super distorted or turns into a tremolo in FS.

Very promising apart from that.
lalalandsynth

Postby martinvicanek » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:57 pm

I could make a more stable version if there is interest. But have you tried MVerb 7B?
martinvicanek

Postby lalalandsynth » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:05 pm

There is definitely interest from me ! Having some amazing fun with this thing.
I am certainly willing to make a sexy gui for it.
I really think this opens up a world of possibilities for FS.

yes , tried the M7 , now I got to test again after the predelay fix.
Also willing to make a GUI for that if you want , just say the word , I owe you that much after using all your stuff :)
lalalandsynth

PreviousNext

Return to DSP