Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Issues with Armcontrol and Crustcrawler

Discuss robotics applications using FlowStone here

Issues with Armcontrol and Crustcrawler

Postby boyd » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:53 pm

I've seen another old thread with a similar issue, but the advice there hasn't helped me.

As far as I know, I've set up everything correctly. I'm running a Crustcrawler AX-18A arm with a USB2Dynamixel controller. My plan has been to program the robot using the Armcontrol software, but I can't make my arm move with it. The Crustcrawler sample program that has sliders to test the arm makes the joints move, and all the servos have the correct ID's.

When I open Armcontrol, I can choose the type of arm, and it knows which port I'm using, but the light with the port label does not turn on. Whenever I try to move the onscreen arms, nothing happens to my robot.

I've gone over the instructions repeatedly, unplugged and replugged my components, tested the servos with the slider program, but I can't figure out how to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
boyd

Re: Issues with Armcontrol and Crustcrawler

Postby edwardotis » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:12 pm

Hi, did you ever solve the issue?
edwardotis

Return to Robotics