Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Full range pattern arp

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Full range pattern arp

Postby kortezzzz » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:51 pm

Hi,
Just saw how popular this arp is so decided to add in to it some more features like full octave rang size piano roll with 8 bars, gate for instant note length editing and time signature. You're invited to use and customize.

Cheers :)
Attachments
(Simple piano roll arp edited by kortezzzz 1.01).fsm
Created with ver. 3.06
(201.22 KiB) Downloaded 1032 times
Last edited by kortezzzz on Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
kortezzzz

Re: Full range pattern arp

Postby Spogg » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:25 am

Looks good and seems to work fine for me. :D

One point I note is the blue position marker didn’t move for me, or did I miss something?
Spogg

Postby kortezzzz » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:23 am

Yeah, forgot to connect the position wire. Fixed the original post ;)
kortezzzz

Postby Spogg » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:53 pm

kortezzzz wrote:Yeah, forgot to connect the position wire. Fixed the original post ;)

Thank you! Very nice now :D
Spogg

Postby kortezzzz » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:42 pm

By the way, Spogg, dunno if you saw my message on the slack, but be aware of adding your "zero midi vel = midi off" module in any of your 64bit exports since it prevents both audio bouncing and midi to audio exporting. Myco said we should actually avoid of sticking any green midi primitives between midi and midi2poly for proper DAW behavior. It doesn't happens with 3.06 but only since alfa production, so we'll have to find a Ruby solution for that (and so with the green keyboard split, if you ever used it).
kortezzzz

Postby Spogg » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:06 pm

Yes I did see it thanks and I was puzzled as to why it should be a problem. In my view it should be fixed and I don’t know why it’s become an issue.

It’s not needed for the regular midi prims (they handle midi running status fine), only when someone uses an on-screen keyboard as you say, which I never do myself. What happens then (I’ve seen it on Johan’s synths) is the on-screen keys show as pressed but they don’t release.
Spogg

Postby kortezzzz » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:14 pm

Well, Myco suggested investigating it by testing every single release made by him since 3.08. I don't have the latest released betas of FS3 and I can not test them but I'm sure something went wrong before FS4 production started because my most earliest 64bit exports failed as well.

Any green midi between midi and midi2poly caused bouncing \ export failure here. With the virtual keyboard and without it. I had 4 green midi modules seeded in my midi chain at all of my synths: "Vel=0 -> midi off", midi limiter module, fixed midi module and physical keyboard splitter. Each one of them caused the problem. I've replaced 3 of them with Ruby patches and now everything works, but couldn't find a Ruby solution for the "vel=0 -> midi off" yet.
kortezzzz

Postby lalalandsynth » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:41 pm

Nice !, thanks !
lalalandsynth

Postby trogluddite » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:07 pm

kortezzzz wrote:Ruby solution for the "vel=0 -> midi off"

I'm away from my FS machine at the moment, but this Ruby code pasted into a blank RubyEdit (with just a MIDI input and output) should do it...
Code: Select all
if @in.is_a?(Midi)
  if @in.status == 144 && @in.data2.zero?
    @in.status = 128
  end
  output @in
end
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby kortezzzz » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:45 pm

Thank you very much, Trog :) Hope Spogg can now test it with his gear and confirm. By the way, I've abandoned the Ruby solution for "output midi with fixed velocity" and "limit velocity to a fixed threshold value". I'm using poly velocity solutions instead due to intensive CPU usage. Maybe my code is just that horrible... :lol: so, Trog, if you got any idea for small & elegant code for that, it would be lovely to hear from you :)
kortezzzz

Next

Return to User Examples