Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Simple Arp

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: Simple Arp

Postby djbrynte » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:34 pm

sry tulamide missunderstod.

Anyways i need to fix this arp synced somehow. anyone knows how it can get synced?
djbrynte

Postby adamszabo » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:31 am

WTF the arp is already beat synced. Are you sure you even know what you are doing?
adamszabo

Postby djbrynte » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:43 pm

adam im using another code. Its because if i use this code the sound disapairing when playing with arp. i dont know if this is because of using an envelope follower.
djbrynte

Postby nix » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:52 pm

The sync Johan is seeking is reset on bar,
which I think can only be done with ppq
I had a hack at it, but we may need a green ppq prim ideally

if u like Adam, u could take it a little easy on DJ Brynte-
we all have different skillsets-
he loves this stuff and does his best

I, for one hardly know what we r doing on a binary level 8D
nix

Postby djbrynte » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:49 am

nix u fixed the sync but now the problem is.

if u export the vst. and open it in FL studio. then load a vst. then use a midi file. then use preset LD - Discoteca 2. And u will see the sound will disapair after some seconds. (And this is with Little-K)

Its like the midi dies out.
djbrynte

Postby djbrynte » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:52 am

Adam im sry im bad at explenations and such. Oftan i say something but mean something else close.

I have

Dyslexia
ADHD
Asxpergers
OCD
Bipolar

And some more.

I have hard some times dont be so rude pls.
djbrynte

Postby adamszabo » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:48 am

Ok I understand I am sorry if I sounded rude, but I have helped you many times over and over and it seems its going no where. This is a forum where programmers meet. There are some basic concepts and unwritten rules that programmers know. When you need help with something you explain it as best you can, then you strip down your schematic to be as bare bones as possible which still has the bug and then upload it and then we can try to help. But saying something like, "I start my car, I go 10 meters and the car just stops please fix it", doesnt work that way. How the hell are we magically supposed to know the solution?
adamszabo

Postby djbrynte » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:11 am

ok here is the schematic.

The problem is following.

When i use a midi file. And play with the arp. Lets say in FL studio. I use preset LEAD - Discoteka 2. there the arp is activated. Then after some seconds the arp stops working. Or lets say the sound dies out. And the preset aint working until i turn off the arp.

I dontg know why its hapening. The sync is made by nix. and the code is the one tulamide typed also with help from spogg.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yhmc66 ... sp=sharing
djbrynte

Postby adamszabo » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:08 pm

I downloaded your file, exported it as a vst loaded up in FL, selected your preset put out some notes in the piano roll and everything works fine. My sound doesnt go away.

But thats exactly what I mean. You say you used a midi file. Where did you use it? Did you load a midi file in the arp? It seems the arp cannot load midi files so I assume you loaded up it in FL Studio? See, I already have to assume stuff and thats not an effective help. Maybe your midi file has a problem? why not upload that as well? Did you try any other midi?

Also, I mentioned upload bare bone schematic, why is everything still there? Does the lfo or oscillator or chorus have to do anything with the arp? No. Then delete them. Remove everything until the bug is gone, then do one step back and upload that, so we can narrow down the problem.
adamszabo

Postby Spogg » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:39 pm

I made a little progress with this.

The lockup can happen anywhere between 30 seconds and 4 minutes of playing the arp. This is in FS and also the VSTi. Just playing on my MIDI keyboard; no MIDI files or anything.

It seems to be more susceptible when changing between different chords and clusters, but there is what seems to be a random element, so I didn’t find a playing style to make it happen reliably.

It’s the Ruby edit that’s throwing an error, as per the screenshot linked below (Board limit reached... again :cry: ):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/avm4htgvzvt7c ... 0.png?dl=0

I know a little Ruby (can be dangerous) but this is beyond me. What puzzles me is the error is supposedly in the event method but there is no “+” in that method itself. If it’s because the event method is sometimes calling a method called “+” then I need to understand why and how this could happen.

So I must defer to those who are wiser than me in the Ruby world, but I hope someone can explain to me what’s wrong and even better if it could be fixed for Johan and me (I always liked this arp although I haven’t used it yet).

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

PreviousNext

Return to User Examples