Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Blurry Graphics.

For general discussion related FlowStone

Blurry Graphics.

Postby lalalandsynth » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:26 pm

Sometimes I get blurry PNG graphics, In some cases deleting the Mgui and putting in a new one fixes the issue, sometimes plugging in a tiny value into the x/y fixes it. Apparently you would need to use a grid to pixel prim to alleviate this issue although I am not sure how.

Deleting the mgui will fix a static image but now I have a moving slider and at some positions its blurry.
I guess this is where the grid to pixel prim would be helpful but I dont know how to use it ?

Has anyone encountered this and can tell me how to avoid blurry graphics alltogther ?
lalalandsynth

Re: Blurry Graphics.

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:26 pm

would love to know a solid fix for this too.
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby lalalandsynth » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:26 am

Apparently this has to do with the graphics not syncing to the grid and can also happen if you have an image that is say , 33x49 and therefore hits "inbetween" pixels , but I am still unsure as to how to fix this , I even tried a different size image. Lets say you have this image 33x49 and center it in the frame it would be 16.5* 24.5 on each side so it makes sense , but after moving the image from center to the left side and removing the centering it still happens.

There must be something I am missing here , I guess what would need to happen is for the image to move in pixel increments, which it might be doing, I am not sure.

What is confusing is that the image is sometimes crisp during the vertical travel, but that might be an artifact of it changing as its always hitting those subpixels, although ,intuitively I would think that it would always be just as blurry throughout the whole travel ?

I feel like I have tried everything , maybe I have been unsuccessful in centering it properly , not sure.
lalalandsynth

Postby Spogg » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:59 am

This is maybe not directly addressing your issue, but I recently found (using Knobman) that you must only ever have an even number of pixels for vertical and horizontal sizes. Even though a 35x35 knob image looks good in Knobman, it’s blurred in FS. Change it to 36x36 and it's sharp.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby lalalandsynth » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:25 pm

Yes, having even proportions will solve this but not always possible.
Thing is , If you have non even proportions and force it to center you will "split" the pixels.

So, you can place it to the left in the window, that can solve it for a static image or a switch for example.
Sometimes , deleting the MGui and replacing it with a new one will fix an issue with a static image.
This applies when the image is crisp in the root but goes blurry as you move up one level.

As for vertical travel if you put this in between the y axis then it will be perfect during the travel .
pixel.jpg
pixel.jpg (216.07 KiB) Viewed 13971 times

Thanks to adam and tula for the help solving this.
lalalandsynth

Postby lalalandsynth » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:56 pm

I am still having a hell of a time dealing with this , fonts from photoshop always look blurry.
what is so perplexing to me is that it looks fine on one level and then a level up its blurry.

I eventually won this particular battle by deleting the mgui and inserting a new one.
lalalandsynth

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:58 pm

lalalandsynth wrote:I am still having a hell of a time dealing with this , fonts from photoshop always look blurry.
what is so perplexing to me is that it looks fine on one level and then a level up its blurry.

I eventually won this particular battle by deleting the mgui and inserting a new one.

perhaps with this in mind, could not a selector and some triggers sent automatically refresh the drawing as it were, if the MGUI were set to say, connect via selector/multiplexer onload, prompted by window open boolean?

I have not tested it, but it seems maybe workable.
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:31 pm

check out the png in My latest fork of freq, in photoshop I scaled the image up. It's actually about 400 pixels wider than what is displayed. This method seems to get around this issue.

GL.

http://dsprobotics.com/support/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18765
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Return to General