Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

My experience with Preset Manager.

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

My experience with Preset Manager.

Postby Emil » Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:33 pm

Hi Flowstoners! I want to share my experience with Preset Manager. The ultimate goal of my work in the FS environment was to create a plugin for a DAW, in my case Reaper. Everything was going great until I started creating presets for my plugin. In the FS environment everything was OK. But, as soon as I converted my file (fsm) into a VST plugin and loaded it into the DAW with presets, chaos began. It was impossible to either save preset in the DAW or work normally with pre-created presets in the FS environment. It was necessary to find out what is causing this plugin behavior. There are only two options here: either the Preset Manager is not working correctly or there is an error in the project itself. Upon detailed testing, it turned out that Preset Manager works fine. As a result, an error was found in the project. Now how to determine if there is an error in the project? I provide step-by-step instructions. Double click to open Preset Manager. Next, open the Manager window on the right, and get into the next window. Here we see the Manager module with many inputs and outputs. We are interested in 2 inputs: "Lock/Unlock programs" which can be switched between False and True and "Save current program regardless of lock". The preset can be remembered in two ways - by switching the "Lock/Unlock programs" input from True to False, saving the project after each switch, or by clicking on the red Trigger field connected to the "Save current program regardless of lock" press by the left mouse button. If, when you click on Trigger and then switch presets, the preset you need is not saved, then this means that there is something in the project that prevents you from remembering the preset. Actually this cannot be called a design error, but it means that something present in the project does not allow Preset Manager to work correctly. In my case, this behavior was caused by switching the Gain control knob from visible to invisible and activating the Gain button of the same name on an alternative channel. Such things can be solved in different ways. You need to try and find a way that will enable Preset Manager to function correctly. Fortunately, FS tools allow do this.
Emil

Re: My experience with Preset Manager.

Postby billv » Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:21 pm

Emil wrote:It was impossible to either save preset in the DAW

Try this..viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2294#p10662
billv

Re: My experience with Preset Manager.

Postby Emil » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:16 am

billv wrote:Try this..viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2294#p10662

Thank you very much for the link! And it was really very useful. But my message was about something else. I tried to explain how to use Preset Manager to find out whether presets created in the FS project will function correctly in a DAW as VST plugins. The Preset Manager itself works fine and contains no errors. My opinion is this: if the presets in your DAW do not work the way you intended, look for inaccuracies in your project. I just described a way to determine the correct plugin functioning in a DAW without leaving the project in the FS environment.
Emil

Return to User Examples