Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

Universal Knob, Slider, keyboard/touch entry/tooltip/info

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Universal Knob, Slider, keyboard/touch entry/tooltip/info

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:03 pm

So, there's a few products like Voxengo and Waves which have these nice modal windows when You type something in;
And I wanted to improve upon that a little and add touchpad support like Voxengo has.

I've drastically improved a version of Pali64's (The original post is below):
http://flowstone.co.uk/support/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8314&sid=3f08a9ffdaa720df41c392f6c6ae9b0e

And I'd had a post where I spoke about possibilities, and where I wanted to take the idea.
Now that I'm actually posting complete examples I'm posting here:
http://flowstone.co.uk/support/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13565&sid=3f08a9ffdaa720df41c392f6c6ae9b0e

So, there is logic built into this making sure You do not punch in a value that is too small or too large.
It also ensures there can only be one minus symbol (and that it is at the beginning - Currently a bug, showing up after a zero).

Furthermore, it's stayed under 24kb which is attractive. I intend to make it 21-22 for the final.
Anyways, without further delay, here it is:
numkeypad v16 - Hard to get GUI responding.fsm
Newest version 16
(22.43 KiB) Downloaded 1021 times

[updated 10/26/2018]

Thanks,
Le Attol
Attachments
5c2cd87db7178871724593.jpg
optimized image
5c2cd87db7178871724593.jpg (22.48 KiB) Viewed 8813 times
Last edited by wlangfor@uoguelph.ca on Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Re: Universal Knob, Slider, keyboard/touch entry/tooltip/inf

Postby Halon » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:21 pm

Thank you.
Halon

Re: Universal Knob, Slider, keyboard/touch entry/tooltip/inf

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:05 pm

Updated to version 16, removed any error with dashes. Forgot about the decimals after the dash. This weekend I will finish the project and add keyboard input.

Here's what to expect:
+The keyboard input splash will show up first, there is a hand icon You press to get to the touchscreen version.
+ When You wish to open the touch screen, press the hand and the smaller popup will grow vertically, and once it has grown the buttons appear.
+ once You've inputted the number maybe I could have a green check; I just don't want the check to slow the process down by even a ms.
+ the touch screen input / keyboard input popup fades out

Here's what I plan:
+ Fade in and fade out tooltips (will make the fader faster) with icon selections; !, ? and so on.
+ Help tips with icon selection: ?, ! and so on
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Return to User Examples