Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Octaver / subharmonizer

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Octaver / subharmonizer

Postby KG_is_back » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:31 pm

I'm working on a Sub-harmonizer that creates sound an octave lower than the input. It scans how th output changes and every time it goes from dropping to rising it switches the direction of how input transposes itself to output. The output would be off center so it is also constantly DC-blocked with simple highpass filter. After that you have a wave that looks like sum of 1/2 and 3/2 frequency sine waves of original sine wave. it is passed through wave-shaper so it becomes almost pure sinus.

This is just a core of the sub-harmonizer. in order to work for regular signal, the signal has to be pre-filtered to be almost pure sinewave (or similarly shaped wave). This filter is not included in this schematic - I'm still struggling with it. I was thinking maybe of pitch-tracking bandpass or lowpass.
Attachments
octaver.fsm
(134.68 KiB) Downloaded 1179 times
KG_is_back

Re: Octaver / subharmonizer

Postby tester » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:01 pm

Would not work something like this:

optional filter (lowpass, bandpass, whatever butterworth based, sharp slope) to get the band of interest -> pitch tracking --> pitch/frequency shifter --> mixer

?

I guess with such pitch tracking, filters could be applied too for selecting what part of harmonic content should be used for sub-adder (for example first few harmonics of vocal).
Need to take a break? I have something right for you.
Feel free to donate. Thank you for your contribution.
tester

Re: Octaver / subharmonizer

Postby KG_is_back » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:14 pm

I had a version that used bandpass filters to split spectrum into semitones - so it was basically polyphonic. That was cool but also a CPU eater - 3 parallel code blocks (packed mono4) per octave. Had a really funny effect on the voice :-D

http://www.mediafire.com/download/z2588kf8dc58fs0/octaver2.osm
KG_is_back

Return to User Examples