Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

An Idea/Challenge for Someone (I failed)

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

An Idea/Challenge for Someone (I failed)

Postby k brown » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:27 am

I was reading about the Korg Lambda and though it was a cheezy divide-down thingy, it's basic concept and structure got me thinking about doing something roughly similar with combining Martin's Randy with the String synth thing. I thought maybe two pannable copies of the Randy 'engine' and a single String Orch (but my version with two 'sources' that can be interval-tuned), set up somewhat like the Lambda. I did a rough assembly to test the notion and as far as I got it, proved capable of some gorgeous combinations (as you would imagine). If any of you have opened an instance of Randy with String Orch you know what I mean. The Korg Trident and ARP Quadra were similar, 'ensemble' type instruments.

Problem is I just am useless when it comes to handling all that blue/packing/unpacking, as I've admitted before. Especially since I thought it would be cool to have Korus and MVerb in there too with the three sound sources independently routable in different ways. There's working out stereo/mono stuff; I'm just not capable of working it all out. If someone wanted to engineer this thing, I'd be glad to do a GUI, or maybe Robert would be willing do one of his ultra slick, modern interfaces.

I just think Randy+StringOrch, and possibly the Karplus Strong would be a wonderful, powerful music tool.

lambda2.pdf.zip
(3.06 MiB) Downloaded 1033 times

Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

Re: An Idea/Challenge for Someone (I failed)

Postby Spogg » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:34 am

I had a look at the pdf.

Do you have a schematic of any sort yet?

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby k brown » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:17 pm

No, I junked it; it was just a very clumsy kludge of Martin's originals and only just barely worked.
k brown

Postby BobF » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:27 pm

Here you go Spogg,

korglambdaschematics.rar
(387.22 KiB) Downloaded 1027 times
BobF

Postby k brown » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:37 pm

I think he meant an FS schematic. I hope so because I wasn't suggesting any kind of Lambda emulation - just offering that as as example of an ensemble type instrument with somewhat simplified controls - the Lambda was just what started me thinking about a combo instrument using Randy/StringOrch and possible Karplus.
k brown

Postby Duckett » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:43 pm

Too bad we can't pick Björn (Full Bucket Music)'s brain, since his work on Stigma and Nabla would lend some Korg emulation experience, but obviously he's a C++ guy and not FS. Ah well- the thread's off to a promising start already :)
We have to train ourselves so that we can improvise on anything... a bird, a sock, a fuming beaker! This, too, can be music. Anything can be music. -Biff Debris
Duckett

Postby k brown » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:20 pm

Again, I wasn't proposing any kind of Korg emulation.
Last edited by k brown on Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
k brown

Postby Spogg » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:23 am

Yes, I meant an FS schematic! :lol:

I didn't want to start from nothing, but if there was a schematic that needed some attention I'm often up for that.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby k brown » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:28 am

Sorry - I was just throwing the idea out there for those with lot's of time on their hands :D
k brown

Postby martinvicanek » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:00 pm

I feel that it's all my fault, sorry. :oops: Obviously I did a bad documentation job on how I packed things into Mono4. Trog, please can you teach me how to be more disciplined?
martinvicanek

Next

Return to User Examples