Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

VSTplug slider

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

VSTplug slider

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:23 pm

Hi all, here's a better slider with only two modules.

It's very efficient and it is fully tested with automation. The only thing I have not tested is the default 0-1 reference in the preset module I'm not sure if it requires a 1-value to work.

Check that out, but it's the most simple yet, and furhermore by y using it a user can also use the slider while automating without it breaking!

download
https://web.archive.org/web/20200213151722/http://dsprobotics.com/support/download/file.php?id=10634
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Re: VSTplug slider

Postby trogluddite » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:40 pm

I love the maple leaf - very patriotic! And it's certainly a lot better arranged inside than the stock ones!

My only criticism is that the mouse scaling means that the handle moves at a different speed to the mouse - I find that a little non-intuitive; as if the mouse isn't "grabbing" the control. That's quite easy to fix, though - you just need the "scaling" input of the DragY component to be derived from the slider's range of motion. I can't remember off the top of my head, but it's a proportional relationship between the slider's travel and maybe the GUI grid size to get them to match up. Alternatively, you could hide the mouse pointer so that no-one can see the difference!

I'm not sure if it requires a 1-value to work

Check it against an automation lane in your DAW. You can set a VST preset to any float value you like, but 0.0..1.0 is always assumed to be bottom..top of an automation "lane" - so if your DAW automation curves are drawing upside-down, invert whatever you're currently using.
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby trogluddite » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:42 pm

PS) I had a look in one of my old sliders - the mouse scaling maths is just (1.0 / slider_travel), where the slider_travel is in the usual GUI grid units.
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
trogluddite

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:23 pm

yeah, I knew about the automation; but sliders innately are backwards, up is 0 and down is 1.
But that mouse movement formula, I'd like to know that one please.

If it's not too much bother.
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby trogluddite » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:34 pm

Ah, that's turned out to be really easy - you already had the range value calculated, so there was only one divide primitive to add! Here it is with that modification...
vstplug%20slider%20standard_Trog_Mod.fsm
(6.39 KiB) Downloaded 1018 times

The main advantage is that when you re-size the slider, the mouse scaling adjusts automatically to fit, so there's no need to edit anything or provide a "sensitivity" property for the mouse.
trogluddite

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:08 pm

trogluddite wrote:Ah, that's turned out to be really easy - you already had the range value calculated, so there was only one divide primitive to add! Here it is with that modification...
vstplug%20slider%20standard_Trog_Mod.fsm

The main advantage is that when you re-size the slider, the mouse scaling adjusts automatically to fit, so there's no need to edit anything or provide a "sensitivity" property for the mouse.

sick, thanks :)
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Return to User Examples