Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

Another Pultec-y looking thing

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Another Pultec-y looking thing

Postby k brown » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:53 am

This one's based on the rather obscure Oberheim OB-Mx, which came out after Tom had left the company and was actually a project begun by a team that had a lot of trouble, so Don Buchla (of all people) was brought in to bring it to completion.
https://electronicmusic.fandom.com/wiki/OB-Mx
PB-Mx copy.jpg
PB-Mx copy.jpg (159.54 KiB) Viewed 10691 times

PB-Mx.fsm
(7.57 MiB) Downloaded 899 times

- Two wave-mixing oscs, with separate Portamento. Each can phase modulate the other.
- Two Filters - a 4-pole LP and a 2-pole Multimode; each with it's own input mixer.
- Two pannable amps.
- Three LFOs
- Four DAHDSR EGs.
- 14-slot Mod Matrix.
The hardware was a real headache to program; the panel only had a single set of controls for most of the sections, so you could only adjust one osc at a time, one LFO at a time and one EG at a time. Here, of course, all is visible and accessible at once.
This represents one of it's 'voices', so is not 'multitimbral' like the hardware.

Personally, I thought the OB-Mx's interface was a real snoozer (except for that great logo),
obmx.png
obmx.png (367.36 KiB) Viewed 10671 times
so it made a great candidate for 'the Pultec treatment'. The blue panel can be switched to red.
The OB's Mod Matrix is represented as a Patch Bay.
Be sure to read the info pane on the LFOs - they have some unusual controls and capabilities that show the unmistakable hand of Buchla.
Last edited by k brown on Wed May 13, 2020 6:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

Re: Another Pultec-y looking thing

Postby BobF » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:45 pm

Thanks Kevin,
A couple more really great synths, just can not get my head around how you do them so fast. Super work!

Cheers BobF.....

P.S., If you get the time I would really like to see you redo the Cyrnx using my "Dual Peak Band Pass Filter" as you mentioned awhile back.
BobF

Postby tektoog » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:53 pm

Great, thanks! ;) :D
It took me a little time to find the preset manager, maybe one line thicker would make it more obvious, no drama... ;)
"Essential random order for chaotic repetitive sequences"
tektoog

Postby k brown » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:57 pm

@ BobF - PB-Mx was done months ago; I just couldn't post it because of the 'attachments lock-out'.

Re: CyRinx -I made a rash assumtion at the time, based on your description - your filter works actually quite differently from the Syrinx's.
k brown

Postby k brown » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:05 pm

Replaced schem in original post - fixed incorrect connection in SVF BP output.
:oops:

Updated 5/13 - should use slightly less CPU now.
k brown

Return to User Examples