Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

Ruby Script Midi Out Problem (For Random Output)

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: Ruby Script Midi Out Problem (For Random Output)

Postby DSP-Robotron » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:06 am

Here is a different fix for the problem by sending notes off to all available ports without randomization.
The randomization code is now part of the Arpeggiator.
Attachments
3x OSC 3x Arp Basic Synth Note Off Fix A1.fsm
(139.71 KiB) Downloaded 900 times
DSP-Robotron

Postby DSP-Robotron » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:19 am

I just realized that the last set of oscillators were combined the wrong way and the result was that it was producing only one sound instead of three. This should work better. I think. Maybe not.
Attachments
3x OSC 3x Arp Basic Synth Note Off Fix A4.fsm
(130.9 KiB) Downloaded 897 times
DSP-Robotron

Postby DSP-Robotron » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:50 am

Every single one has some issues. After fixing the Arp switching code the ADRS envelopes continued the problem. Without ADSR it's working without sustaining sounds but a clicking sound is noticeable on every note change.
[Moderator Comment: Links and downloads removed]
DSP-Robotron

Postby Spogg » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:09 pm

I’m decorating at the moment so don’t have much FS time. :cry:

But I had a quick look at this yesterday. I added ADSRs to it but the issue of very high CPU seems to be down to the Ruby Arps, specifically the grid displays. If you hide the grid step displays from the front panel the CPU goes very low. I messed around a bit but didn’t get anywhere unfortunately, so I think it needs one of our Ruby wizards to take a look.
Spogg

Postby DSP-Robotron » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:04 pm

Every single module seems to have some issues. So far I'm disappointed by the Ruby script performance and the fact that all the ADSR envelopes are not functioning properly at all. Even your synth Quilcom-Adder-1.08-Flowstoners has the same ADSR problem. Maybe it's a C++ runtime issue or bug.
DSP-Robotron

Postby kortezzzz » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:03 am

Hi there.

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you were looking for, but I've hacked it a little, so give it a try. Attached.

However, also couldn't see any logical reason to set the sequencers at full octave range steps. I believe you wanted to make one step per note, didn't you? Anyway, you can easily switch between both ;)
Attachments
DSPROBOTRON 3x OSC 3x Arp Basic Synth Note Off Fix A4 kortezzzz fix1.fsm
Made with 3.0.6
(283.92 KiB) Downloaded 922 times
kortezzzz

Previous

Return to User Examples