Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

Working Example: (Unpretty) Sub Bass

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Working Example: (Unpretty) Sub Bass

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:10 pm

So, sub-bass.

I made My first synth. Under 1% CPU - But spikes to 2% when processing. Perhaps a LP would change that.
Used a few examples including those by Martin Vicanek, Acrobat, Trogluddite, Dozius and possibly MvdLee.
I also mentioned the contributors of the knobs in the file. This working example I made within the FL Studio flowstone version and detects velocity, pitch and midi notes. It's nothing fancy.

References:
The one by freepik.net I think is OK commercially, but You'd have to research. It's My go to knob from now on in. You can look at the original here:
https://www.freepik.com/premium-vector/realistic-round-silver-button-with-silver-frame_2049796.htm

(just so You know I use the rotate primitive and a star ellipse gradient in gray two tone to emulate a recessed knob pointer)

And for the other one, it's referenced from the Pandora UI Kit found Here:
https://designmodo.com/pandora-free/

Anyways, Should You want knobman versions of these files (made by Me) You can Download them (CCBY).

Download (CCBY): LA School Sub Bass V2 9.fsm
LA School Sub Bass example
(114.25 KiB)
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Re: Working Example: (Unpretty) Sub Bass

Postby djbrynte » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:00 pm

nice knobs
djbrynte

Postby djbrynte » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:01 pm

where is the synth?
djbrynte

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:03 pm

djbrynte wrote:LA School Sub Bass V2 9.fsm

it had been at the bottom of the post

Download (CCBY): LA School Sub Bass V2 9.fsm
LA School Sub Bass example
(114.25 KiB)

https://web.archive.org/web/20190207141138if_/http://www.flowstone.co.uk/support/download/file.php?id=8495&sid=6898609b4d929097899b2b28293c9586

djbrynte wrote:nice knobs

Not bad eh?

About the knobs though; Technically they're an original creation, the illustrator had obviously taken tutorials and whatnot and used generic examples. So; i guess My knobman file is original but nonetheless; If You use these knobs commercially; You should probably pay the small fee to freepik.net. Alas, I am not a re-distributor; So everyone would have to get a license commercially. But then again, it might be free. But less headaches if You go the right route in the end.

Anyways, in regards to this synth: I made it originally but there are quirks with the realtime playing but not midi. So I looked to the SMG examples and made something that works a bit better. I did'nt have time to attend to that but will.

here's something else I'm making with those knobs:

It's a port of a compressor someone from this board made and I wanted to make an example with the animated envelope and threshold triangle in a working example so that people could throw one together easily.
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:42 pm

So, working with the AMVST code I was able to make a better version of this that has no bugs in the midi section and doesn't mind fast realtime play.

Coming soon.
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Return to User Examples